Griffin Reveal

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using this case with their iPhone 5?
I got it today and everything is great except that its moving a small amount inside the case. Kinda worried it'll scratch my iPhone, but it isn't moving all that much.

Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have one. Mine fit snugly... I wonder why yours isn't.

I switched mine for a Speck Candyshell because I didn't like how big the hole was for the camera, but that was the only issue I had with that case.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have one. Mine fit snugly... I wonder why yours isn't.

I switched mine for a Speck Candyshell because I didn't like how big the hole was for the camera, but that was the only issue I had with that case.

The big camera hole from Speck is to help prevent camera flash reflection showing in the pictures. Job well done by Speck.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The big camera hole from Speck is to help prevent camera flash reflection showing in the pictures. Job well done by Speck.

I don't mind the size of it on Speck, the Griffin Reveal's is about twice as big and the case was snug but not tight like the Candyshell, so I would see dust and dog hair and things that would drive me up the wall.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. Well thanks for the reply. I'll take it back to best buy tomorrow and see if I can exchange it for a new one and see how that one fits.

I don't really mind the big camera hole.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using this case with their iPhone 5?
I got it today and everything is great except that its moving a small amount inside the case. Kinda worried it'll scratch my iPhone, but it isn't moving all that much.

Anyone else?

I was going to get this case as a substitute for the Belkin equivalent. However, I noticed that the difference between the two was that the Griffin one seemed like a cheap, flimsy bumper with cheap plastic attached. The Belkin one seemed more durable and well made. This case is just to "Get me by". Waiting for the iPhone 5 lifeproof and/or otterbox reflex.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get this case as a substitute for the Belkin equivalent. However, I noticed that the difference between the two was that the Griffin one seemed like a cheap, flimsy bumper with cheap plastic attached. The Belkin one seemed more durable and well made. This case is just to "Get me by". Waiting for the iPhone 5 lifeproof and/or otterbox reflex.

Are you referring to the Belkin Grip Candy?

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to the Belkin Grip Candy?

Haha! Sorry for delay in response (haven't checked the forums lately)

I got the Belkin View case. There are some poor reviews bc the clear part scratches, but I didn't mind as I already had the expectation it was not scratch proof.

Glad to hear that the replacement case is working for you!!

mobilemaduk

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Not the best pics as taken on my ipad and not easy to get the scratches in the light.

It isnt a "bad" case but the clear back doesn't look good once scratched so I use a variety of none clear ones which look better
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355433147.381719.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1355433160.477525.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1355433171.661600.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1355433184.370116.jpg

dougef2

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow - looks just like mine! I like the Reveal case, but the back plastic looks awful. I like a very thin unobtrusive case. Am now using the "free" one I got from ZooGue. Its not bad, but not great.

mobilemaduk

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a lot to chose from as I review cases etc and my go to cases are the spec candyshell, elago outfit, elago breathe and the Draco aluminium bumper with a clear skin to protect the back

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR