Greetings from android side

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
So just wanted to share my experience from iPhone 6 to galaxy s7edge.
Thought it would be upgrade in all aspects. Well maybe in paper it was. I mean the UI is mostly fast but then there are lags and stutters which was absent on my iPhone 6.

Screen. Well it is QHD but frankly I can't tell the difference between iphone6 and this device. Maybe this one has bit brighter colours?

Battery. Both have very good battery life, the iPhone 6 has better idle battery and Samsung has better SOT. Not to mention the size difference here so Apple has done remarkable job in my opinion.

Camera. Here I have to give it to the Samsung. The quality of the pictures are far better than they were on my iPhone. Maybe Apple will improve it on the 7? Remains to be seen.

Water proof. I thought it would be supreme feature but no, I'm still not taking my phone to shower or bath. It's nice to have yes but not a deal breaker.

SD card. In my country it is well known fact that this phone breaks(corrupts) all SD cards except Samsung's own. Give me only internal option thanks.

Aesthetics. I guess this phone looks good but now that I have it it doesn't matter to me at all. Have to carry it anyways in whole body case. Phone made from mostly glass is not wise to go without.

UI intuitiveness. Here apple is far ahead. The main reason I'm probably switching back to the iPhone is the deep search the spotlight search has. And by that i mean search results will include things from inside the apps. Can't tell how annoying it is after using spotlight search to search things in android. You have to open the specific app u think has the file or keyword and search inside of it.

Other thing I miss is the keyboards ability to understand my native language when using the mic button. And Siri can send that message while I'm driving. On android it can't. Not on my native language anyways. (Finnish).
So now I'm waiting for the next release of the iPhone.
Btw does the 3dt party keyboards stay now in memory with 2Gb of RAM?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for posting your thoughts. It goes to show that every ecosystem has its pros and cons.

anon7089239

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
So just wanted to share my experience from iPhone 6 to galaxy s7edge.
Thought it would be upgrade in all aspects. Well maybe in paper it was. I mean the UI is mostly fast but then there are lags and stutters which was absent on my iPhone 6.

This is why I laugh at spec chasers. What's on paper doesn't always, if ever, translate to user experience and real life use.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is why I laugh at spec chasers. What's on paper doesn't always, if ever, translate to user experience and real life use.

Comparing specs between Apple devices is one thing. Comparing specs between an Apple device and a non-Apple device is like comparing apples to oranges (no pun intended).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner