Greetings and salutations!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Greetings all.

After 8 years on the Android platform, I decided to give iPhone a try, so I got an iPhone 6s plus (since I already had a Nexus 6) and an Apple Watch Sport (since I had the Moto360). I've only had them 4 days but so far I'm liking it. I do like a lot of the features the iPhone has and the only thing I'm really missing from Android is the customization.

Now I wasn't unhappy with Android, but I just wanted to try something else. Same reason I left Verizon after 15+ years and went to T-mobile. I just wanted to try something else.

So far so good. More updates to follow.

2016-04-05.jpg

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new phone. Keep us updated as to how it works out for you. In the meantime enjoy the forums!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
WOW!!! What a welcome. Thanks everyone.

Now, after a week on the iPhone, here's my initial thoughts:
1) It's not an Android device. Once I got out of that frame of mind and started using it as an Apple device, things got a lot easier
2) Lightning fast and no bloat. But that seems to be an iPhone benefit and not a carrier curse.
3) I've always said that iPhone works. Period. Well now I believe it 100%.
4) Battery life is phenomenal. I hope it's still this way in 6+ months.
5) Apple Watch pairing/performance is excellent. I had numerous issues with the Nexus 6 / Moto360 combo as far as staying paired and notifications not working half the time. Absolutely zero issues with the 6s plus / Apple Watch Sport combo. And the battery on the watch is just as good as the phone.
6) Screen appearance - Android has always looked a little "cartoon-ish" to me, both phones and watches. Apple looks a little more "professional".
7) Love FaceTime and AirDrop.
8) iCloud is taking some time to get used to, but still working on it

Overall I'm extremely happy with the device and its performance. And the cross from Android to Apple wasn't as bad as I was thinking it might be. Then again, my wife has been 100% Apple since day one so I had her knowledge. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner