Grabby: Quick Launch Apps with Lock Screen Camera Grabber

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Grabby (Cydia) - YouTube

Pretty nice looking tweak from Ryan Petrich—out on his beta repo (add this to Cydia):

Code:
http://rpetri.ch/repo/

Here are some shots showing the lock screen before invoking Grabby, and after sliding the grabber:

Photo Apr 14, 2 13 01 PM.jpg

Last edited:

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Grabby (Cydia) - YouTube

Pretty nice looking tweak from Ryan Petrich?out on his beta repo!

Since there was no description for this in Cydia I didn't realize that you could slide to the left to choose the other actions, this video was very helpful and makes the tweak a lot more appealing.

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded it last night i love it! Only problem i found which is very minor, it changes your text back to slide to unlock, so if you have a custom text there you have two sets of words overwriting each other, i used springtomize 2 to change the text to the same text i have set on my uncurl tweak and it worked great i really like this tweak

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Will follow the changes but removed it after trying it for a while. It's a neat concept but for the effort it takes to slide then flick you might as well just go to your springboard. It is useful if you want to change your default camera to say Camera+ as you don't have to slide to the left to get to that icon. You could also change the default app that launches when you flick up on the camera grabber to anything you like but that would disable launching the camera from the lock-screen as the first icon to the right of the unlock slider. If you don't use the camera from the lock-screen very often and would prefer launching your default messaging app for example then this is probably a useful tweak for you. It would be less confusing if you could change the icon order so it shows the messages icon/bubble where the camera grabber now is if that's what you want to launch.

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded it last night i love it! Only problem i found which is very minor, it changes your text back to slide to unlock, so if you have a custom text there you have two sets of words overwriting each other, i used springtomize 2 to change the text to the same text i have set on my uncurl tweak and it worked great i really like this tweak

Haven't noticed that...I have no text showing at all though so maybe that's why.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed that...I have no text showing at all though so maybe that's why.

Yeah maybe, it had the slide to unlock superimposed over top of my text but like i said with springtomize its easy to fix it, but other then that i really like it

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah maybe, it had the slide to unlock superimposed over top of my text but like i said with springtomize its easy to fix it, but other then that i really like it

I don't use springtomize to edit lock test, I edited it in ifile and it stayed even with this tweak😉

I like the idea of the tweak, which can come in handy for the times I have pass code active; otherwise I agree with other poster regarding speed to accessing app from just springboard...nice job on the tweak though Ryan!!

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I think I will hold off for now for the reasons jmendel33 and WreakingHavoc mention, thanks guys. I am glad I checked in here before downloading it. Definitely going to keep my eye on this tweak tho...