GPP Sim and updating

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5. And its locked to Softbank Japan and now I'm using a GPP Sim so that I can use it in the Philippines particularly at Globe's Network. And I want to update the firmware of my iphone to 6.1.3 from my current version 6.0.2. Was wondering that if I update, will it be locked down to Softbank rendering the GPP sim useless? And Can I jailbreak my iphone? Does it weaken the GPP sim?

Thanks in Advance, Nikko

PS: I'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum and I'm sorry if this issued has been discussed somewhere in the forums.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Some Questions

I have an iPhone 5. And its locked to Softbank Japan and now I'm using a GPP Sim so that I can use it in the Philippines particularly at Globe's Network. And I want to update the firmware of my iphone to 6.1.3 from my current version 6.0.2. Was wondering that if I update, will it be locked down to Softbank rendering the GPP sim useless? And Can I jailbreak my iphone? Does it weaken the GPP sim?

Thanks in Advance, Nikko

PS: I'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum and I'm sorry if this issued has been discussed somewhere in the forums.

It has been discussed that if you update to 6.1.3 the latest software version you will not be able to JB.

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

The baseband might get updated and that will render the GPP sim useless unless its been factory unlocked

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Sorry misunderstood. No my phone is not factory unlocked. I'm just using a GPP sim like a gevey sim to use it to other carriers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox