Gotta wait till July

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I ended up selling the watch I first ordered on pre-order day to a co-worker. Personal reasons means I can't own the watch right now so I was either going to sell it or return it. Since then I've read and heard all about it but obvi haven't used it. Welllllllll I ordered another one because I've had 3 family members and 2 friens asking me questions that it's hard for me to answer without actual experience. So I'll get it in July and use it for 2 weeks then return it before the 14 day period. It sucks but hey that's life. I figured since I'm returning it I might as well get the one I really wanted in the first place. I got the 42mm Space Black Watch with the link band I think it's called. So tick tock now I got 2 months to wait.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow... wait two months to have something for 13 days just to say you used one? To each their own I guess...

It's not just to say I used one. It's so that when my family and friends ask me "this wont pair, how do I do this setting, why wont it make me coffee?" I can actually respond. I'm pretty much it as far as IT support goes for my family members. I could tell them to go to Apple.com or the genius bar or one on one but why bother telling them things I know they wont do?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's not just to say I used one. It's so that when my family and friends ask me "this wont pair, how do I do this setting, why wont it make me coffee?" I can actually respond. I'm pretty much it as far as IT support goes for my family members. I could tell them to go to Apple.com or the genius bar or one on one but why bother telling them things I know they wont do?

There's plenty of guides from the iMore blogs and other sites. But, yeah, hands on experience is best. I updated iOS 7 on release day for the same reason. My sister was asking questions. I had planned to wait a few days. Wasn't sure I liked 7. Still don't like the look of 7 and 8. I'd rather have the look of 6.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There's plenty of guides from the iMore blogs and other sites. But, yeah, hands on experience is best. I updated iOS 7 on release day for the same reason. My sister was asking questions. I had planned to wait a few days. Wasn't sure I liked 7. Still don't like the look of 7 and 8. I'd rather have the look of 6.

I have told pretty much every family member and countless number of friends to read iMore and join the forums. Here's the thing, they don't even listen to my podcast and I'm family! lol I think it's like we've got 24-7 free tech support so why make the effort. Besides it might only be 13 days but damn I'm going to enjoy having it on my wrist =) I have to honestly say I've Jailbroken every iPhone I owned since iPhone OS 1 and 7 was the first time I stopped Jailbreaking because I didn't feel the need to anymore.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you planning on carrying the charge on a credit card? If not, the cash will still be unavailable for ~21 days.
Apple Financial account

You have a podcast? What's it called? Link?
It's called Never Safe for work, we renamed since originally we were called T3kd. We submitted about a month ago and it's still not on iTunes. I'll get the details of how you can catch one without itunes and post up later.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I finally caved and ordered a Watch too. But I am keeping mine. Lets hope the July shipment dates are pushed up QUICKLY!!!

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Wouldn't it be faster for you to look up the answers to the questions online than to wait for your watch in July? I mean, if you wanted to keep the watch then that's a different story. But the fact that you only want to purchase the watch to return it in 2 weeks doesn't really make sense. The questions that your family members are asking are probably already asked within these forums. But I guess if you want to experience the watch on your own then go ahead...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I ended up selling the watch I first ordered on pre-order day to a co-worker. Personal reasons means I can't own the watch right now so I was either going to sell it or return it. Since then I've read and heard all about it but obvi haven't used it. Welllllllll I ordered another one because I've had 3 family members and 2 friens asking me questions that it's hard for me to answer without actual experience. So I'll get it in July and use it for 2 weeks then return it before the 14 day period. It sucks but hey that's life. I figured since I'm returning it I might as well get the one I really wanted in the first place. I got the 42mm Space Black Watch with the link band I think it's called. So tick tock now I got 2 months to wait.

That's way too much work just to answer questions from friends and family.
Their are a ton of guides and how to's here and other places to get Watch info.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox