got it, but....

kmc979

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I was going to transfer another phones upgrade fo my account (mine is officially oct 7). I wouldn't let me transfer the upgrade to my number (the account owner line) only to another line on the account also eligible for a discount. I went ahead with the pre order using that number because in reality it doesn't matter much, I will just activate it with my line but i wonder why it wouldn't allow me to transfer the upgrade? I have a feeling that when it comes time to activating it i'm gonna have to go through customer service though...

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah i had a similar issue, i had to use another number in the plan that technically had the upgrade, but hopefully it should still all work and everything. Ive only had my phone ever activated in verizon, not on my own from apple.

kmc979

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I know it's not because of the unlimited data, the other phone on my account that was eligible for upgrade is one with unlimited data. What is interesting is it wouldn't allow a transfer to a new line with tiered data that was opened in march. I honestly would have sat on hold with customer service to deal with it but they are closed.
I'm not trying to trick the system, I am aware I am losing my unlimited, just trying to play by their rules. Oh well, it will sort out next week when I get it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually did the whole upgrade on another line and will transfer once I get it a CSR told me today to do it that way so I can keep my unlimited

They told me alternate upgrades would still lose your data on the line your using it so I did the other way to be safe

anon(19047)

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I actually did the whole upgrade on another line and will transfer once I get it a CSR told me today to do it that way so I can keep my unlimited

They told me alternate upgrades would still lose your data on the line your using it so I did the other way to be safe
If you can go through the Apple.com store site. You will be able to keep your unlimited. Verizon is being difficult.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro