Google Sync (Beta) for your iPhone

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Nuevasync already does this.
And now google does it directly so Nuevasync isn't really needed :D

Still no push gmail email, although I'm kind of glad you don't need to setup the full sync to get push gmail. I use exchange for my work email and keep all my contacts synced this way as well. So if the only way to get gmail push email was to setup this I would be left in the cold.

Last edited:

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I wonder what will happen to Nuevasync now? I'm going to stay with them for now, at least until Google can sync more than 5 calendars.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
If I didn't already have an exchange account via work, I would set this up in a heart beat.

Hey Jamesus, are you jailbroken? if you are, I heard there is an app on Cydia that allows multiple Exchange accounts simultainiously (sp?)

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Hey Jamesus, are you jailbroken? if you are, I heard there is an app on Cydia that allows multiple Exchange accounts simultainiously (sp?)

Yes I am jailbroken and no I haven't heard of this app. Do you have any ideas? I tried searching 'exchange' and didn't see anything that would match this.

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I wonder what will happen to Nuevasync now? I'm going to stay with them for now, at least until Google can sync more than 5 calendars.

I tried the Google sync and my holiday calendars didn't show up. What do I need to do to see them. With Nuevasync I had a "Calendars" button in the top left. Not so with the Google sync.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
You need to go to m.google.com/sync from your phone. From there you can select the calenders that you would like to sync.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

For those who are interested, here is a link to Nuevasync's response. It seems that they picked google to test out their sync software, they've got other plans for it...

WJSS

Jan 16, 2009
Visit site
I converted meaning I gave up Exchange and switched it to IMAP for work. My Gmail contacts & calendar are more important. Since I only communicate with a handful of people on a daily basis at work, they're in my Gmail contacts. I use Google Calendar Sync to keep my Outlook calendar up-to-date with Gmail and vice-versa.

Gmail = IMAP
Work = IMAP
Gmail Calendar & Contacts = iPhone Exchange client.

Works well.

DVDBob

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes I am jailbroken and no I haven't heard of this app. Do you have any ideas? I tried searching 'exchange' and didn't see anything that would match this.

There isn't an app that lets you run multiple exchange instances, but rather NemusSync will sync your google calendars, freeing up your 1 exchange instance for another account.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
There isn't an app that lets you run multiple exchange instances, but rather NemusSync will sync your google calendars, freeing up your 1 exchange instance for another account.

This is how I was syncing until I started using a program called SyncMyCal on my desktop. Since I have split my work Exchange account into 4 calendars, it was easier to only have those 4 show up versus syncing with Google on my iPhone duplicating all of my appointments.