Google Play and iOS, Movies

I

iMore Question

Hello all,

I've been an android user for quite sometime and my job has recently switched me into their data plan... this is great and potentially awful at the same time. I have quite a few movies and TV subscriptions already in Google play and I'd like to be able to download those on my iPad and watch on a flight tomorrow (I know, I know, I should have asked sooner).

On my old tablet, which has since been gifted, I could press the thumbtack button and the movies would start downloading for offline use. I cannot find this option on the iPad Play Movies app. Any suggestions?

Second question... I rented the new Hobbit movie off iTunes through my iPad. What oh why can I NOT watch this on my iPhone or Apple TV?

Thanks!

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been an android user for quite sometime and my job has recently switched me into their data plan... this is great and potentially awful at the same time. I have quite a few movies and TV subscriptions already in Google play and I'd like to be able to download those on my iPad and watch on a flight tomorrow (I know, I know, I should have asked sooner).

On my old tablet, which has since been gifted, I could press the thumbtack button and the movies would start downloading for offline use. I cannot find this option on the iPad Play Movies app. Any suggestions?

Second question... I rented the new Hobbit movie off iTunes through my iPad. What oh why can I NOT watch this on my iPhone or Apple TV?

Thanks!

Google Play movies and TV shows have DRM which prevent you from using them on anything but an Android device. Same with movies and TV shows in iTunes, they can't be played on Android devices.

You can watch videos purchased on Amazon through the Amazon videos app on an iOS device.

Not sure about the movie rental, I don't rent, just buy.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods