Google Pixel XL after the iPhone 7 plus

Tech_User16

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
My house has never burned down from a fire but I'm really glad I pay for fire insurance in case, one day, it does burn down. The "well my phone never got damaged from water" argument is not a good argument against water resistance.

I need to stop reading these comments because I swear I see that same canned response over and over about "my house never burned down but I'm glad..."

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
My house has never burned down from a fire but I'm really glad I pay for fire insurance in case, one day, it does burn down. The "well my phone never got damaged from water" argument is not a good argument against water resistance.

That's a poor comparison. Not only is water resistance not any kind of insurance whatsoever, the cost difference between a house and a phone puts them in two extremely different categories comparison wise.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
That's a poor comparison. Not only is water resistance not any kind of insurance whatsoever, the cost difference between a house and a phone puts them in two extremely different categories comparison wise.

It's an even worse argument because there is no "insurance" against water damage of the phone. Yes, the iPhone should be able to survive being dropped in a puddle but, if it doesn't, you are still out of luck, since Apple still doesn't cover water damage to the phone. Worse, if you get your phone wet, even if the water doesn't actually cause damage and later have an actual warranty issue, but one that could have been caused by water damage, then you run the risk that Apple won't fix your legitimate claim under warranty because the phone shows it got wet -- just the same as if it had no water resistance.

Chuck_loads

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My boss has the xl pixel he came from a 6s plus an he hates it. He let me mess with it nice OS an smooth like ios but for the price he you can get s7 edge or 7 plus an have a better user experience. Also the s8 is coming out soon my choice would be ios compared to the new pixel.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

I never said water resistance was a kind of insurance. I used it as an example of something I never use, but would be glad to have when/if I do need it. Saying "I've never dropped my phone in water in 3458340583409 years" is not a good argument against water resistance. In fact, it's a very poor argument.

Foustion1953

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I have used some other android devices before but now I have google Pixel and it is also working smoth like other android devices so this will be a great device in future too.

toronto seo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77