Good news for iPhone 14 supply as factory lockdowns ease in China

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
But here’s the bad news for those wanting a 14 Pro (though good news for Apple): as the factory has been ramping up for sometime now, delivery ETAs have been slipping multiple days after one calendar day. It’s Jan. 13 now. Two days ago it was Jan 9. Less than a week ago it was Dec 29.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
But here’s the bad news for those wanting a 14 Pro (though good news for Apple): as the factory has been ramping up for sometime now, delivery ETAs have been slipping multiple days after one calendar day. It’s Jan. 13 now. Two days ago it was Jan 9. Less than a week ago it was Dec 29.

Demand for the 14 pro is insane. Not only is it crushing foldables and dominating the ultra premium segment……

4f89a2b4c11b40d54c0680c5fd705264.png

…….. but android users are switching to the iPhone in never seen before numbers, to the point where Samsung mobile has recently conceded it can no longer be profitable in the smartphone sector moving forward.

ba37eb063a10ed685077443e560949c6.jpg

Edit: a couple more from the Twitter thread

f7502dc349093f73829181988c6bd171.png

b3d1705057ca66501ec9524bc8bb9248.png

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The numbers speak for themselves! I am sure that those who are waiting for their phones are frustrated by the delay but in the long run they’ll be happy campers when they get their great phone.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store at 11:45 this morning to pick up replacement ear tips for my AirPods Pro, and the place was busy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the purchases will be for the iPhone.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Demand for the 14 pro is insane. Not only is it crushing foldables and dominating the ultra premium segment……

…….. but android users are switching to the iPhone in never seen before numbers, to the point where Samsung mobile has recently conceded it can no longer be profitable in the smartphone sector moving forward.

I haven’t seen switcher numbers hard data. You have any on that you can post?
During Apple’s earnings report conference Tim Cook did say something to the effect of record switchers. But I don’t recollect any numbers or percentages mentioned.
I’ve no doubt IPhone is ascending in the US and I expect is or will be elsewhere. Why? Because Apple is a superior product and is a better value unless one’s idea of cost is only what the upfront cost is. Superior Product: Apple creates the user experience/OS (and OS eco) then custom builds the critical parts to run that OS. This is, full stop, superior to buying off the shelf parts then tailoring the OS to the off shelf parts. Apple earned it by putting in many numerous billions to get to this highly advantageous position. Result, a substantially smaller battery in their flagship iPhone yet substantially outlasts the bigger battery competition…and generates less heat. The SOC, vastly more compute power but again less wattage and less heat. As you’ve mentioned, the display built to custom specs, a display that gets a perfect score and is, in my own experience, amazing even in the blaring sun. There’ll soon to be a custom radio which will likely be precise to the OS to give precise better performance using less wattage and causing less heat. And this methodology is employed across the ecosystem of Apple products using same tech/language etc making a substantially superior interoperability.
Imho there will have to be a fairly big ground change for this major advantage to ebb. Foldables? Lol to the Android crowd, just face the ugly truth. The foldable market is slim and this wont change until Apple releases one. :)

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store at 11:45 this morning to pick up replacement ear tips for my AirPods Pro, and the place was busy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the purchases will be for the iPhone.

I was at the one in my area too! Solid crowd, seemed to me more crowded than the overall mall itself.

The Apple Store is another oft missed cost benefit of iPhone/Apple.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t seen switcher numbers hard data. You have any on that you can post?
During Apple’s earnings report conference Tim Cook did say something to the effect of record switchers. But I don’t recollect any numbers or percentages mentioned.
I’ve no doubt IPhone is ascending in the US and I expect is or will be elsewhere. Why? Because Apple is a superior product and is a better value unless one’s idea of cost is only what the upfront cost is. Superior Product: Apple creates the user experience/OS (and OS eco) then custom builds the critical parts to run that OS. This is, full stop, superior to buying off the shelf parts then tailoring the OS to the off shelf parts. Apple earned it by putting in many numerous billions to get to this highly advantageous position. Result, a substantially smaller battery in their flagship iPhone yet substantially outlasts the bigger battery competition…and generates less heat. The SOC, vastly more compute power but again less wattage and less heat. As you’ve mentioned, the display built to custom specs, a display that gets a perfect score and is, in my own experience, amazing even in the blaring sun. There’ll soon to be a custom radio which will likely be precise to the OS to give precise better performance using less wattage and causing less heat. And this methodology is employed across the ecosystem of Apple products using same tech/language etc making a substantially superior interoperability.
Imho there will have to be a fairly big ground change for this major advantage to ebb. Foldables? Lol to the Android crowd, just face the ugly truth. The foldable market is slim and this wont change until Apple releases one. :)

Only hard data I have is what is being reported apples earnings call, comments by android ceo, market research reports, anecdotal experiences posted on Twitter, Reddit, and android forums.

Oh and don’t forget the earnings report where the largest android oem’s profit has declined by 70% .

6c2b71e1105b0118c73e4d595e33c29a.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Only hard data I have is what is being reported apples earnings call, comments by android ceo, market research reports, anecdotal experiences posted on Twitter, Reddit, and android forums.

Oh and don’t forget the earnings report where the largest android oem’s profit has declined by 70% .

6c2b71e1105b0118c73e4d595e33c29a.jpg

Interesting that the tweet says “tough times” ahead for Samsung, others and “including Apple”. There is only anecdotal evidence (aka storytelling) to suggest Apple is in earnings trouble or will see anything remotely close to this massively oversized revenue and profit drop. Yet I saw that headline earlier today and thought “that’s a mind boggling drop”, reading both Barron’s and WSJ. Both pushed the almost precise same theme that Samsung is a bellwether for Apple. Ok, Samsung’s drop happening to Apple would be the equivalent of Wall Street expecting 30 Billion in earnings(profit) but Apple only makes 12 Billion. IF that clickbait inference possibility were to happen, there’s an outside chance it’ll cause the NASDAQ down circuit breaker to kick in less than a hour (panic selling)…which likely brings down S&P quickly too. UGLY real quickly that the market could take months, or longer, to recover from Almost certainly the “recession” word will become abundantly official.
So to the Financial Media using Samsung’s massive earnings drop as a clickbait segue to say ‘Apple may be looking at big trouble too’? I hope their Christmas got cancelled:):)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that the tweet says “tough times” ahead for Samsung, others and “including Apple”. There is only anecdotal evidence (aka storytelling) to suggest Apple is in earnings trouble or will see anything remotely close to this massively oversized revenue and profit drop. Yet I saw that headline earlier today and thought “that’s a mind boggling drop”, reading both Barron’s and WSJ. Both pushed the almost precise same theme that Samsung is a bellwether for Apple. Ok, Samsung’s drop happening to Apple would be the equivalent of Wall Street expecting 30 Billion in earnings(profit) but Apple only makes 12 Billion. IF that clickbait inference possibility were to happen, there’s an outside chance it’ll cause the NASDAQ down circuit breaker to kick in less than a hour (panic selling)…which likely brings down S&P quickly too. UGLY real quickly that the market could take months, or longer, to recover from Almost certainly the “recession” word will become abundantly official.
So to the Financial Media using Samsung’s massive earnings drop as a clickbait segue to say ‘Apple may be looking at big trouble too’? I hope their Christmas got cancelled:):)

They only bring up apple because no one would read the articles if it was just about Samsung.

Over the last three months apple sold every iPhone 14 pro/max they produced, Samsung electronics profits cratered by 70%, foldables and s22 ultra sales completely flopped in q4.

It is not a fair comparison at all.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The numbers speak for themselves! I am sure that those who are waiting for their phones are frustrated by the delay but in the long run they’ll be happy campers when they get their great phone.

I just ordered my 14 pro max and its saying up to 4 weeks. not really in a rush to get the phone I understand whats going on. still wish it can be sooner then later

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I just ordered my 14 pro max and its saying up to 4 weeks. not really in a rush to get the phone I understand whats going on. still wish it can be sooner then later

I completely understand theKHMER, mine was 5 weeks until delivery but it ended up a couple weeks early. I think the poster PinkChameleon had the same thing happen, she got it a couple weeks early too. Hopefully you get the same luck.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
They only bring up apple because no one would read the articles if it was just about Samsung.

Over the last three months apple sold every iPhone 14 pro/max they produced, Samsung electronics profits cratered by 70%, foldables and s22 ultra sales completely flopped in q4.

It is not a fair comparison at all.

Lol, true FFR. Samsung on its own just doesn’t generate big media/clicks except with the doors at the YouTube tech channels. The best media Samsung gets is when they mention Apple, trying to poke at iPhone.

I do believe Apple will see a negative flat revenue (122 Billion) and a YoY earnings negative (32B) though it’ll be at/under 2 percent. Last holiday quarter of Mac at 12B, iPad at 7B, wearables/other 15B, iPhone 71B. These were epic grand slam numbers. One for the corporate history books. We know Mac will be down. We likely know IPad will be down. Wearables likely flat or slightly up (this is the one that could surprise with a big beat). It means iPhone would need to hit 75B just to show tiny revenue growth. I just don’t see it. But Apple seeing anything even fractionally close to Samsung loss is clickbait nonsense.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Congratulations on your new iPhone! Like others have said, my guess is that the date given is the "worst-case scenario" and you'll probably get it sooner! Fingers crossed for you that that's the case!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Lol, true FFR. Samsung on its own just doesn’t generate big media/clicks except with the doors at the YouTube tech channels. The best media Samsung gets is when they mention Apple, trying to poke at iPhone.

I do believe Apple will see a negative flat revenue (122 Billion) and a YoY earnings negative (32B) though it’ll be at/under 2 percent. Last holiday quarter of Mac at 12B, iPad at 7B, wearables/other 15B, iPhone 71B. These were epic grand slam numbers. One for the corporate history books. We know Mac will be down. We likely know IPad will be down. Wearables likely flat or slightly up (this is the one that could surprise with a big beat). It means iPhone would need to hit 75B just to show tiny revenue growth. I just don’t see it. But Apple seeing anything even fractionally close to Samsung loss is clickbait nonsense.

Samsung can poke apple all they want but it isnt helping sales as their profit has cratered, and in reality Samsung is just paying to advertise the iPhone for apple .

No idea what’s going to happen in q4 regarding revenue or profit, but I’m confident apple is not going to have profits decline 70%.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Congrats, you might be able to get it quicker if you purchase directly from apple.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Samsung can poke apple all they want but it isnt helping sales as their profit has cratered, and in reality Samsung is just paying to advertise the iPhone for apple .

No idea what’s going to happen in q4 regarding revenue or profit, but I’m confident apple is not going to have profits decline 70%.

I think Samsung agrees. They haven’t put out an Apple spoof in a while.

Of course Samsung’s display division being the lone outlier that did well thanks in significant part to IPhone Pro Display orders is in a way an Apple spoof :):)

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Congrats, you might be able to get it quicker if you purchase directly from apple.

Well I order it from my carrier which is Rogers. And apparently I got an email saying it will come in sometime today. Been only a week since I ordered it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR