4. TweetDeck
5. Twitterific
6. Echofon
7. TweetCaster

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Out of the ones listed, I prefer the official Twitter app. I'm a moderate to heavy Twitter user (politics) and I use both the official Twitter app and Tweetbot. If you're a light to moderate Twitter user, the official Twitter app should be more than sufficient, in my opinion.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I want one with push notifications. I tried Echofon and it seems to if I have a mention or direct message but I'd like to see tweets without visiting the app.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I want one with push notifications. I tried Echofon and it seems to if I have a mention or direct message but I'd like to see tweets without visiting the app.
The native Twitter app will do this.
I get a notification (with a preview) each time the few people I follow Tweet.
Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The native Twitter app will do this.
I get a notification (with a preview) each time the few people I follow Tweet.
Good Luck

Have you installed the latest version? I'm currently back on Tweetbot and I read somewhere that an update for the native Twitter app had been released.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Have you installed the latest version? I'm currently back on Tweetbot and I read somewhere that an update for the native Twitter app had been released.

Yes, got the update late this afternoon. Person retweeting now appears above the tweet instead of below the tweet. I'm sure there are others.
Unfortunately, I'm still not getting Badges.
Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, got the update late this afternoon. Person retweeting now appears above the tweet instead of below the tweet. I'm sure there are others.
Unfortunately, I'm still not getting Badges.
Good Luck

Oh okay. Thank you. I'll re-download it and experiment with it in a couple of weeks. Anyway, take care and have safe & pleasant night, my friend. :)

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I went in itunes on my PC and saw an update for Twitter so I did it. I went to my app and noticed I got a Tweet but no notification. Then I saw about going to profiles and turn on notifications. I have to do that for everyone I want to get one for?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
goodness! Glad I'm only following 70 people and come to think I might not want notifications for all of them lol.

No, you don't because if they are heavy tweeters, you'll be notified to the point of going insane...(laughing). Personally, I'd set notifications for DMs, mentions from people you follow and a handful of specific people/entities like Breaking News and Breaking Weather.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW