Good Christmas For My Daughter - iPhone 5!

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Santa will be bringing my 13 year old daughter a white iPhone 5. This will be her first iDevice and first real phone. She wanted an iPod. For the price of that, the phone is a better choice and it will do so much more! Looking forward to seeing her gifts Christmas Day!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Santa will be bringing my 13 year old daughter a white iPhone 5. This will be her first iDevice and first real phone. She wanted an iPod. For the price of that, the phone is a better choice and it will do so much more! Looking forward to seeing her gifts Christmas Day!

Good choice for her and hopefully, she'll be pleased, but if she's like my daughter, she won't care about what is the better choice based on "logic". She'll want something because its "cute" and it drives me friggin' crazy...hahaha

jeff1974w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my 12 year old daughter the 4s for her 1st iPhone this Christmas. It's what she asked for and daddy couldn't say no.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my 15 year old the 4S. It's her first smartphone. She preferred it over the 5 and so did my wife. I was a little surprised by the wife's choice since she only upgraded from the 4 to the 4S, but who was I to argue? Two 4S's for $100. Can't beat that and they are both thrilled.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Brace yourselves...the naysayers that think children shouldn't have iPhone's are coming.

That said...GET HER A CASE! Take it from me, i watched what two teens could do to an iPod Touch (each) in a matter of a month or so.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Brace yourselves...the naysayers that think children shouldn't have iPhone's are coming.

That said...GET HER A CASE! Take it from me, i watched what two teens could do to an iPod Touch (each) in a matter of a month or so.

I totally agree...I got my 13 year old daughter a 4S and 2 weeks later a boy at school grabbed it and threw it on the floor. The screen was smashed. The kid thought it was cool to do it. Needlless to say his parents had to buy a new one for my daughter and as far as I know, he is still grounded. I saw him the other day and he took off running.(lucky kid) My daughter had taken the case off that day. Now it never leaves the house without a case.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Used an upgrade to get my soon-to-be (day after Christmas) 14 year old daughter an iphone 5 for Christmas. Best Buy bought my white iPhone 4S for $280 - the $150 cost = $130 of Best Buy credit which I used to get my son a Kindle Fire HD. Win, win for all!

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What an awesome gift for a 13 year old to have. My daughter just received my 4s after I recently upgraded to the 5.

Gotta love iPhones!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Remember too that as much as we as parents all want to trust our kids to the fullest, there may be that occassional time where having the iphone tracking feature could come in handy. These phones don't have to be 100% for the kids' benefit alone ;)

ashykat

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Remember to turn on restrictions and for the love of god make sure she has a good case! Not just one of those pretty flowery ones that don't actually protect anything.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
When I was 13 I got a Tyco racing set ! I was stoked. I'm sure the thing cost $20, but I was happier than a pig in $:mad:!.
Now I have an iphone 5 and it is awesome, but its not the same feeling

Last edited:

mommybetts

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Remember too that as much as we as parents all want to trust our kids to the fullest, there may be that occassional time where having the iphone tracking feature could come in handy. These phones don't have to be 100% for the kids' benefit alone ;)

You are so right!!! I just purchased my 13yr old son an iPhone 4S and I have about 3 different tracking features on it;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Make sure you get her a lifeproof case for it ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Maybe i'm out of touch, but what does a 12 year old need an iPhone for?

As I see it, it’s the parents get to make the decision.

BTW, my daughter got my 11yo granddaughter an iPhone for Christmas, as well. The granddaughter is a responsible kid, she’s had a cell phone for several years to use when she travels out of state to visit her father, and has it for keeping in touch with her mom when she’s with her dad... she’s had a cellphone and iPod for years, has proven her responsibility and her mother rewarded her. Again, I don’t see an issue - it’s not my (or your) choice.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe i'm out of touch, but what does a 12 year old need an iPhone for?

They don't NEED an iPhone, but if a parent decides to buy one for them, what difference does it make? Nobody NEEDS an iPhone, it's a luxury...some kids/teens are privy to these kinds of luxuries, some arn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice