Going from 13ProMax to 13mini….

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I personally think the mini has the best forum factor of them all, it fits great in your hand and pretty much has the same specs as it’s bigger counterparts with the exception of the camera which a lot of folks think is the deal breaker.

I know several small companies who have adopted the mini as their new corporate device. Several folks here in my community use a mini and they love it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well your screenshot is broken…and now that I refreshed the page, Jude’s avatar is gone from your avatar spot. Very strange!! The imore ghosts are playing tricks on me
I swear I’m not crazy…I wish I would’ve taken a screenshot to show you what I saw!

iMore is haunted!!! LOL!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the "original SE" smaller than the 2020 and 2022 models? I remember that the 2020 model was/is about the same size as the iPhone 8. And then came the mini, which was smaller. So, I think it's a safe bet that Apple will continue offering some sort of smaller form factor. It's good to have a variety to choose from... imho!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
iMore is haunted!!! LOL!

giphy.gif

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I personally think the mini has the best forum factor of them all, it fits great in your hand and pretty much has the same specs as it’s bigger counterparts with the exception of the camera which a lot of folks think is the deal breaker.

I know several small companies who have adopted the mini as their new corporate device. Several folks here in my community use a mini and they love it.

I seriously LOVE the mini….the point you made about the camera is the only thing that has been concerning me since getting mine 1-1/2wks ago. I have till this Friday if I change my mind. I’ve been playing with the camera a lot and just finding myself disappointed in some pics I was able to take with my 12 Pro that the mini is not exactly capable of.
SOOO….with that being said I *might* go back to my 12 Pro, but I’m dreading the size of the phone. I got so used to the handability (is that a word) of the mini and loooooove that about it. I take anywhere from 5 to 30 pics a day of my grand daughter and labs….but as much as I love this phone I may just suck it up and deal with the camera UGH I hate having to compromise & make decisions on what to stick with.

First world problems …..I know 🫣

EDIT to add: I’m keeping the mini! I played around with the camera ALOT more today & watched some YouTube vid comparisons. I’m quite happy with what I’ve seen. Will there be some compromises yes but I’m willing to deal.

Last edited:

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I seriously LOVE the mini….the point you made about the camera is the only thing that has been concerning me since getting mine 1-1/2wks ago. I have till this Friday if I change my mind. I’ve been playing with the camera a lot and just finding myself disappointed in some pics I was able to take with my 12 Pro that the mini is not exactly capable of.
SOOO….with that being said I *might* go back to my 12 Pro, but I’m dreading the size of the phone. I got so used to the handability (is that a word) of the mini and loooooove that about it. I take anywhere from 5 to 30 pics a day of my grand daughter and labs….but as much as I love this phone I may just suck it up and deal with the camera UGH I hate having to compromise & make decisions on what to stick with.

First world problems …..I know 🫣

EDIT to add: I’m keeping the mini! I played around with the camera ALOT more today & watched some YouTube vid comparisons. I’m quite happy with what I’ve seen. Will there be some compromises yes but I’m willing to deal.

Since the 12 mini has come out I have been super tempted to try it out, now the same itch goes for the 13 mini! The 12 mini I knew the battery was not good enough so that kept me grounded with my 12. Yes I had the 12 pro, sold it for the 12 because the pro was just too heavy and bulky with the flat edges compared to my 11 pro which was my FAVORITE iPhone. The 12 and the 12 pro didn’t have enough differences so I was okay settling with the 12. It was such a joy to use the 12 due to its lightness.

Ok now the 13 mini…..I’ve had it in my cart on apple’s website for the past 2 months. I fell for the 13 pro ProMotion hype and macros camera, and while I truly love the phone and the amazing battery life….it’s so so heavy and clunky for me. Same issue as the 12 pro but even heavier.

I’ve held off on the mini because I know if I get it, I’ll fall in love immediately and then my luck Apple will discontinue it like the rumors are stating. My biggest drawbacks would be the cameras like you said, which I have lived with before on the 12 and got by just fine. More importantly, the 120hz screen on the pro I feel like I’ll miss. Ah, let me go to my apple cart now and stare away!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Since the 12 mini has come out I have been super tempted to try it out, now the same itch goes for the 13 mini! The 12 mini I knew the battery was not good enough so that kept me grounded with my 12. Yes I had the 12 pro, sold it for the 12 because the pro was just too heavy and bulky with the flat edges compared to my 11 pro which was my FAVORITE iPhone. The 12 and the 12 pro didn’t have enough differences so I was okay settling with the 12. It was such a joy to use the 12 due to its lightness.

Ok now the 13 mini…..I’ve had it in my cart on apple’s website for the past 2 months. I fell for the 13 pro ProMotion hype and macros camera, and while I truly love the phone and the amazing battery life….it’s so so heavy and clunky for me. Same issue as the 12 pro but even heavier.

I’ve held off on the mini because I know if I get it, I’ll fall in love immediately and then my luck Apple will discontinue it like the rumors are stating. My biggest drawbacks would be the cameras like you said, which I have lived with before on the 12 and got by just fine. More importantly, the 120hz screen on the pro I feel like I’ll miss. Ah, let me go to my apple cart now and stare away!

I would looooove to twist your arm and convince you to get the 13 mini !!! The camera is an improvement over the 12, but a bit of a downgrade from the 12 Pro. I was a little butt hurt over the weekend with some pics I took, but today I really played with the camera more. There are certain things I can’t do, like take a very close up pic because the 13 mini gets a bit blurry. But I don’t take super close up pics very often at all, so it’s not a deal breaker for me. I gave my hubby the 12 Pro so honestly I can swipe the phone from him when I want to take an extra extra type of pic that the mini can’t handle too well.
SO with that being said, I’ve come to accept the mini’s camera does what it can, very well mind you, and all the other bonuses to having it outride the camera differences. I thought about returning the phone today & I was like NOPE can’t return it I love it too much LOL.

Would I say get it….YES. If you try it out and can’t deal, return it before the 14 day return policy is expired. As for the battery, I’m not a power user, but I use my phone a good deal…the battery lasts me all day from approx 730/8am till approx 9/10pm. Do I hit the red zone on battery sometimes, yes, but I don’t panic. I always have a charger close by if I need to bump it up a bit. There’s days I use Apple Car Play in my car, so it charges while plugged in as well. So just for today, off charge at 730am, used Apple Car play today, and currently I’m at 61%.

ANYWHO…I’m not going to be the bad influence to get one…BUT JUST GET ONE

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I would looooove to twist your arm and convince you to get the 13 mini !!! The camera is an improvement over the 12, but a bit of a downgrade from the 12 Pro. I was a little butt hurt over the weekend with some pics I took, but today I really played with the camera more. There are certain things I can’t do, like take a very close up pic because the 13 mini gets a bit blurry. But I don’t take super close up pics very often at all, so it’s not a deal breaker for me. I gave my hubby the 12 Pro so honestly I can swipe the phone from him when I want to take an extra extra type of pic that the mini can’t handle too well.
SO with that being said, I’ve come to accept the mini’s camera does what it can, very well mind you, and all the other bonuses to having it outride the camera differences. I thought about returning the phone today & I was like NOPE can’t return it I love it too much LOL.

Would I say get it….YES. If you try it out and can’t deal, return it before the 14 day return policy is expired. As for the battery, I’m not a power user, but I use my phone a good deal…the battery lasts me all day from approx 730/8am till approx 9/10pm. Do I hit the red zone on battery sometimes, yes, but I don’t panic. I always have a charger close by if I need to bump it up a bit. There’s days I use Apple Car Play in my car, so it charges while plugged in as well. So just for today, off charge at 730am, used Apple Car play today, and currently I’m at 61%.

ANYWHO…I’m not going to be the bad influence to get one…BUT JUST GET ONE

Ahhh yeahhh, and I definitely value your opinion and your advice. I should try it, I just am afraid I’m going to like it too much and then Apple will ditch it. Also, let’s be clear here…anyone on iMore is a tech geek and I usually have always opted for the latest and greatest when it comes to iPhones.

I can try it for the 14 days, I will love it and then I’ll be going back and forth between the mini and the pro. They say follow your heart not your brain, right? I am always the opposite! I get in my head a lot.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh yeahhh, and I definitely value your opinion and your advice. I should try it, I just am afraid I’m going to like it too much and then Apple will ditch it. Also, let’s be clear here…anyone on iMore is a tech geek and I usually have always opted for the latest and greatest when it comes to iPhones.

I can try it for the 14 days, I will love it and then I’ll be going back and forth between the mini and the pro. They say follow your heart not your brain, right? I am always the opposite! I get in my head a lot.

Yes, 99.9% of us here are tech geeks, the other .05% are just along for the ride.

If Apple does ditch it I’ll just hang on to this one as long as I can

I had two iPhones at one point…it drove me crazy. My anxiety was through the roof !! Which is why I just have my husband the 12 Pro and sent back the iPhone 11 he had for a credit towards the mini’s purchase. I knew if I just kept both I’d be back and forth with the 12 Pro & 13 mini so I didn’t put myself in that predicament LOL

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes, 99.9% of us here are tech geeks, the other .05% are just along for the ride.

I had two iPhones at one point…it drove me crazy. My anxiety was through the roof !! Which is why I just have my husband the 12 Pro and sent back the iPhone 11 he had for a credit towards the mini’s purchase. I knew if I just kept both I’d be back and forth with the 12 Pro & 13 mini so I didn’t put myself in that predicament LOL

Can totally understand that! I can’t own 2 phones, gives me anxiety too!

Well I’ll going to try to refrain but I’ll let you know if I do cave

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

so how has your battery life been? I’m really starting to consider the 13 mini….maybe the 13 for more battery. I just realized that these pro prices and pro features aren’t worth it in real world usage. Phones these days are mostly all capable of the same thing. All I need is a good camera, some social media (trying to even break free from that) and email! That’s really it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
so how has your battery life been? I’m really starting to consider the 13 mini….maybe the 13 for more battery. I just realized that these pro prices and pro features aren’t worth it in real world usage. Phones these days are mostly all capable of the same thing. All I need is a good camera, some social media (trying to even break free from that) and email! That’s really it.

Honestly can’t complain about the battery life! Some days I use my phone more than others so I’ll need a bump in the middle of the afternoon, say 3ish. Other than that I can get thru 12 hours winding up around 10-20% at bedtime. If I’m in my car sometimes I will connect for  Car Play which will charge me while using it, but that literally is maybe 15-20mins tops when I’m running errands, nothing crazy.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Honestly can’t complain about the battery life! Some days I use my phone more than others so I’ll need a bump in the middle of the afternoon, say 3ish. Other than that I can get thru 12 hours winding up around 10-20% at bedtime. If I’m in my car sometimes I will connect for  Car Play which will charge me while using it, but that literally is maybe 15-20mins tops when I’m running errands, nothing crazy.

I have heard it’s way better than the 12 mini. I know it won’t come close to my 13 pro so I will have to be mindful of that.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have heard it’s way better than the 12 mini. I know it won’t come close to my 13 pro so I will have to be mindful of that.

I went from the 12 Pro to the 13 mini. The battery life will not be as close to your 13 Pro indeed, so if you can take that into consideration you’ll be ok. I was fine with it plus I’m always near a cord to charge of I really need that extra bump

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If Apple didn't release the new colour Green I probably would've kept my Pro Max.

It also didn't help my Carrier offered me a great plan and discount if I upgrade.

I always wanted to try the Mini since last year but you know, go big or go home attitude.

Green being my favourite colour, it was an easy decision.

I love the Mini, it's perfect. Not going to miss my Pro Max as I also have the new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, it wasn't planned but my Google Pixel 6 Pro turned out to be one of the worst phones I've ever purchased. Finally sold it.

Guess which colour I got? LOL

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I went from the 12 Pro to the 13 mini. The battery life will not be as close to your 13 Pro indeed, so if you can take that into consideration you’ll be ok. I was fine with it plus I’m always near a cord to charge of I really need that extra bump

Finally did it!!!!! This little package is IMPRESSIVE! Haven’t used it enough yet, but I am pretty amazed by it
374f77d0a5e6284572ee54b8a1c9ead3.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro