Going from 13ProMax to 13mini….

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Considering apples big boys since 2014, I have used the 6+,6S+,7+,XSmax, and now the 13ProMAX. I watch a ton of YouTube, Netflix , take tons of pictures, and my 13PM is probably “The best” iPhone I have owned. And that is considering my very first iPhone 4…. But each one of these BIG phones has always came with a cost. Weight and size. Since the 12 mini came out last year, I have been intrigued over this new idea of a handheld computer that “FITS” in your hand, comfortably. I was so intrigued that I upgraded my in-laws to a 12 mini from their iPhone 7’s. I borrowed my mother in laws 12 mini to take some photos on our family trip over the summer and was blown away by the portable size and comfort. It was like using a large GoPro. However the battery life wasn’t the greatest. When it was my turn to upgrade, I had to have apple’s greatest. And I do, but…. I can’t get out of my mind that perfect size… Anyone else feel this, or moved from a 13PM to a 13 mini??

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I went from a 13 to a 13 mini and back to a 13.
I love the size of the mini. However, I found reading stuff, browsing etc. A LITTLE (ie not much) less tiring on the 13 compared to the mini. Also, watching pictures with friends eg in a coffee shop turned out to be much nicer on a bigger screen.
But I still can't get the mini out of my head and cannot guarantee that I will not make another swap before September ;-)
If you have good eyesight the mini should not be a problem. But don't you think you will miss the PM size when watching Netflix, Youtube? I don't watch that on the phone, so that was not an issue for me on the mini.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
All the models work well. Everything we buy in the enterprise and what our employees have. I stick with the large screen for how often it means I don't need my laptop or a tablet.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
If you watch a ton of video on YouTube, Netflix, and take tons of pictures, the Mini may not be your best bet. The size is perfect but you'll be compromising on cameras (won't have that extra third lens), it'll have a smaller display, and the battery life won't be nearly as good as the 13 or the 13 Pros. Are those trade-offs worth it?

Just something to consider.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
If you watch a ton of video on YouTube, Netflix, and take tons of pictures, the Mini may not be your best bet. The size is perfect but you'll be compromising on cameras (won't have that extra third lens), it'll have a smaller display, and the battery life won't be nearly as good as the 13 or the 13 Pros. Are those trade-offs worth it?

Just something to consider.
I did the same thing and it was worth it! The mini is worth the downsizing not heavy at all and the camera is excellent IMHO.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have always used the max sizes but when the 13 series released I went with the pro 13. Except for battery same benefits and features as the max
My battery life is fine and I like the footprint on the pro. And with smaller handbags it’s a better fit for me

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday I met the friend I sold my 13 mini to.
I love(d) the mini - but when the guy showed me pictures & messages on his screen, the small display felt strange.
Apparently, I got very much used to the screen (and overall) size of my 13 now, and don't think I would want to go back to a mini size.
Of course weight & form factor of the mini still feels great - but you can't have it all, I guess?
P.S. the guy is very happy with the mini, so we are still friends ;-)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Apple won’t be moving forward with the mini
What the?
For those that like the mini this sucks

Well that does suck. I just moved from the 12 Pro to the 13 mini because of the compact style. I was under the impression that Apple was doing well with the smaller screen of the mini

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, rumors that Apple was going to retire the Mini size started last year, when it was clear that the 12 Mini had undersold Apple's expectations for it. It's not 100% clear that this is the reason - Apple is often willing to keep a product that doesn't necessarily have great sales - but this is not a new rumor.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, rumors that Apple was going to retire the Mini size started last year, when it was clear that the 12 Mini had undersold Apple's expectations for it. It's not 100% clear that this is the reason - Apple is often willing to keep a product that doesn't necessarily have great sales - but this is not a new rumor.

Off topic question…..why is your avatar the same exact as Jude526 are you one in the same lol

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I strongly believe that the mini will reappear as the SE4, in 2023 or (rather) 2024. They can't do that, if they continue the mini as mini. But they need an SE as their lower end product. And, they can't forever continue with an iPhone 6 design, even in the low end range.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods