Going case-less with a toddler?

BHMartin

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
As you can tell I have serious issues in my life. Today, my biggest problem is whether I should go case-less with having an 18-month old that can work the iPhone. Getting the iPhone 5 in a few weeks. I've never gone case-less. I'd like to try case-less. But the inevitable fear sinks in. I did buy AC+. Thoughts?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I use a otterbox normally. but still switch out to a Belkin case. Not so worried as much now. Since my 2 yr old can unlock it and open apps and even face time her grandpa lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As you can tell I have serious issues in my life. Today, my biggest problem is whether I should go case-less with having an 18-month old that can work the iPhone. Getting the iPhone 5 in a few weeks. I've never gone case-less. I'd like to try case-less. But the inevitable fear sinks in. I did buy AC+. Thoughts?

First of all, you're very brave to allow your device to be handled by an 18-month old child so I applaud you, my friend..:)...As for your question, I would definitely encase it if only to keep the slobber off of it...lol...Besides, you know kids that age put everything in their mouth....:D

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I would not. I have two kids 6 and 3, and I'd never let them handle my iPhone case-less. If it slips out of my hands, it certainly will slip out of theirs (without a case).

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a kid under ten and a dog so my advice is don't do it. At least you have the ac+ if needed though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
.. Yes both my daughters 6 year old has a ipad 2 and 2 year old a iPhone 4 .. They Can unlock open apps play games watch movies and use Netflix lol ...
My oldest one just has a Smart Cover and back shield on the iPad she takes good care of her stuff so she knows how important it is .. It was a big deal and a kindergarten graduation preset so she does real good not a scratch on the screen or iPad for that matter he also had a old 3GS when she was 3 and a iPod 4 gen before upgrading to iPad 2

I bought a shattered iphone 4 for My 2 year old after the repair I put in a otterbox .. No it's not water proof but it does good with drops being tossed etc she does pull the rubber on some side but It hold pretty well .. I tried the fisher price cases but it effected the loudness of sound for the movies too much so it didn't work out.

Would I give my kid my iphone 5 case less ... My 6 year old yes my 2 year old no way lol

I would use a older device for kids in a case and use your iphone 5 how u want an if you plan to keep your 5 for a while def get AC plus

Last thing you want is to hear your iphone 5 get dropped out of a shopping basket and hit the floor

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Funny, my 12 year old isn't even allowed to touch my phone.

My kids all know to not mess with Dad's technological toys. They know better. Besides, all except my youngest have a smartphone or an iPod to use. My youngest, with my permission, can use my iPad 2 for the purpose of playing games and watching Netflix movies & cartoons. I have restrictions enabled to where he cannot accidentally make an in-app purchase nor can he install or delete any apps. He's a good kid and I trust him with it. My iPhone, however, is generally OFF LIMITS! Period!

Last edited:

jennaBaby

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
if you're letting your toddler play with your phone, i say definitely get a case on that sucker! never know if your child might chuck it somewhere... you know, for fun.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Go for it!

Russian-roulette-755910.jpg

BHMartin

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone! After much consideration, we are keeping on of our iPhone 4s for him with a case. iPhone 5 will be off limits.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods