Go to new retina macbook or wait for new macbook air

ArsaPrada

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Need an opinion from all about the rMB, now i am still using my MacBook air with the high specification and considering to buy the rMB.
my daily use is for office app (word,excell,ppt,keynote), browser, adobe cc (animation, dreamweaver, photoshop,illustrator,xd), swift programmer and android studio. is this rMB is enough for my daily use?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe, but I would recommend the MacBook Pro for the things you've mentioned.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

Need an opinion from all about the rMB, now i am still using my MacBook air with the high specification and considering to buy the rMB.
my daily use is for office app (word,excell,ppt,keynote), browser, adobe cc (animation, dreamweaver, photoshop,illustrator,xd), swift programmer and android studio. is this rMB is enough for my daily use?

Maybe not all at once but it should work. I run a Windows 10 VM, Microsoft Office apps, others, and a browser with many tabs. Basically it works for what I need as an IT director.

Still it may not be for everyone. At times I really like the size of my 15" Retina. The keyboard is not for everyone. On the whole it is a super compact general purpose computer.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

All rumors point to the new MacBook Pro coming by the end of October:

"The upcoming MacBook Pro will include four USB-C ports, doing away with an SD card slot, an HDMI port, USB-A ports, and a MagSafe connection.

It is also expected to feature a redesigned, thinner body with a flatter keyboard, an OLED display touch panel that replaces the physical function keys at the top of the keyboard, and Touch ID support."- MacRumors citing many reliable sources.

Andoresu47

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
The new MacBook Pro is out and apparently it is so thin and light it completely replaces the Air line. I'd say you buy one of those for the needs you mentioned.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't think your current MacBook is that powerful to support all of that tasks. If you have the chance and if you want a better experience go and get a MacBook Pro.

ArsaPrada

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
hi all,

Yeayyy the new MacBook pro just release...

I will buy the new MacBook pro 13" and skip the MacBook and know I am confused to buy with the touch bar or just the classic one.

hehe hehe

still waiting for the review from imore :):):):):):):):):):):)

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
If you need the touch bar than I would get it. It looks nice the new 15" but I'm staying with my late 2013 15" rMBP. Price is one factor of why I'm not upgrading.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73