gmail and yahoo app versus native email on iphone.

bbsadaj

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
currently i use the two apps but as i progress thru ios i'm trying to streamline my "smartphone life". i don't use my iphone for business or have a false persona of being important (real people in the cia or some top secret job don't act like it) so getting emails isn't time sensitive, i like to receive them in a timely fashion. what are any of the features i might lose if i switch to just the native app? advantages to keeping the two email apps? just trying to wade thru this thing called ios, android did a good job screwing me up and i might need smartphone counseling (and yes i am drinking the ios kool-aid and it tastes good). thanks in advance

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I don't use Yahoo. But as for GMail I have mine set as Exchange, hence everything syncs virtually instantly.

I think with Yahoo setup on the device it delivers instantly, too.

Maybe as a test set them up and play with it to see which you prefer.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
There's really no need to use the separate apps, just set them up in the native app (it supports both gmail and yahoo) and you'll be fine.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like Massie, I uses both Yahoo! and Gmail along with iCloud, Outlook and AOL mail and they are all configured to my liking via the native mail app & settings. My messages are sent & received in a timely manner and 3 of the 5 are set to push email. I recommend you dump the two separate apps and use the native mail app for both accounts. I think you'll be quite pleased. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remona94B9