• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Gmail always saying incorrect password

zeravla531

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to the iPhone world, I've been Android for the past 4 years. I am having an issue with my Gmail. I add my Gmail account via Exchange so I can get push and calendar/contact support. Every 3 or 4 days I'll go into my mail app and a pop up says "Gmail Password incorrect". The only way to fix it is that I have to go to Safari and log in to Gmail (or another Google service), then it prompts me to fill out a captcha. Once i do that, everything works until the next time it happens.

I've done some research here and other places and have tried a lot of fixes: changing the password, 2 step identification, app-generated passwords, etc. Nothing works.

It seems to be my iPhone. I had been using Gmail on my iPad since October with no issues.

So, does anyone know what i can do to fix it?

Or, is there another way to sync my Google Calendar? Therefore i can forego using Exchange and instead use IMAP and/or the Gmail app?

Thank you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member