Glass screen protector or not???

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I am using Rhinoshield, its Edge to Edge and fully covers the top lens areas https://rhinoshield.io/pages/main-p...screen-protector&prod=iphone-x-tempered-glass its a bit more than Spigen and others but I prefer not getting the rainbow effect for the others.

I think that's going to be my next purchase if my cheap ESR one from Amazon cracks eventually. I'll eventually be using a Rhino case anyway and they say that protector is compatible with their cases even though it's edge to edge.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
Anker Karapax for iP x is great. Have used glass screen covers w/ mixed results until Anker.

Decided to try this one, given it has the guide. Installed it about 30h ago with no issues. I like it very much. Not very noticeable and screen looks almost like there is no protector. You can see that there is a protector when looking at the notch area when the screen is OFF.

Had the Apple installed $40 BELKIN for three days or so before it was mysteriously damaged. No way I’m spending that kind of money again. With prior phones, I had been installing my own for less than $10 for multi- packs. Thought I’d splurge for perfection with a ‘professionally, high quality ‘ installed protector. Big fail for me.

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Screen protectors are necessary but a pain in the *** to put on sometimes. I have one on my X but I didn’t allign it right and it’s a bit crooked, but I don’t give a dayam at least it’s protected mostly. I want to take it off and just go clean, but without it on it’s gonna get scratched somehow.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Screen protectors are necessary but a pain in the *** to put on sometimes. I have one on my X but I didn’t allign it right and it’s a bit crooked, but I don’t give a dayam at least it’s protected mostly. I want to take it off and just go clean, but without it on it’s gonna get scratched somehow.

It can get annoying.
Have you tried the hinge method?

rong21

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I had Best Buy put mine on. First time I have ever used one. I can't tell it's on and glad I have the extra protection.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Cannot stress enough how good the Whitestone dome protector is for anyone looking for a screen protector! Expensive but totally worth it in my view

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Had the Belkin glass screen protector installed at an Apple Store because it has a year warranty with in store installation & replacement. The first one cracked in my brief case- not even dropped. Apple replaced it at no charge. After installation of the 2nd one, my long press and other screen presses failed frequently - so I took it back for a full refund. My case has a protective lip, and I have Applecare- no screen protector for me!

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I had used some protectors by Skinomi and they kept collected dust and lint along the edge of the protector itself, and not just between the edge of the case and protector. Took it off and man the screen is so much nicer without the protector. I have AC+ and so a new screen is $29 if I need to use it, which I could have paid for already with all the dang money I’ve spent on protectors!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had used some protectors by Skinomi and they kept collected dust and lint along the edge of the protector itself, and not just between the edge of the case and protector. Took it off and man the screen is so much nicer without the protector. I have AC+ and so a new screen is $29 if I need to use it, which I could have paid for already with all the dang money I’ve spent on protectors!

You will have to break it. Apple care+ doesn’t cover cosmetic damage like scratching. It’s for physical damage.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You will have to break it. Apple care+ doesn’t cover cosmetic damage like scratching. It’s for physical damage.

That’s true, and I realize that. The micro scratches in the okeophobic coating don’t bother me. It’s the major damage that I need protection against.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Yep!
If you check the ratings on the Apple website it has always been bad.

Well, we have four. All of which went on perfectly and protect perfectly. Do I think they were over priced for a piece of glass? Yes. But as for functionality, no complaints whatsoever.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, we have four. All of which went on perfectly and protect perfectly. Do I think they were over priced for a piece of glass? Yes. But as for functionality, no complaints whatsoever.

I do plan on getting one for my X in the near future. Simply for it’s perfect installation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice