Giving up nexus 4?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I used to have an iPhone 4, now currently have a nexus 4. I desperately want to go back to iOS but have to get a phone locally (can't get online because I can't be without a phone and don't have money to buy a new one) and can't find any one who'll trade me a 5 (or obviously a 5c/5s).

Anyway I have a couple of questions. Firstly, is it worth trading my nexus 4 for a 4s? How is it going from 2 gigs of ram vs a half gig.

Also how is iOS 7/7.x.x on the 4s?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using iMore Forums mobile app

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I think that is a question that only you can answer for yourself. First of all how bad do you want to return to iOS? The iOS 7 runs not bad on the 4s, but it isn't as smooth as say you would get having the software on a 5 or 5s obviously. secondly can you get by using the nexus until you can save for even a 5? If it were me personally Id bite the bullet and trade the nexus for the 4s because I couldn't handle using the nexus operating system for one second, and id end up smashing the phone anyways... its just not my cup of tea. Id get the 4s and start saving for an upgrade personally, but end of the day its a personal choice.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. And i know ios is super good at power management but how does the 4s perform in regards to
the amount of ram though?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using iMore Forums mobile app

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
4S performs well. Its still a very good phone and many people have it. If you want to make the switch, then do it. If you don't, then don't. My brother had a nexus 4 brand new which he traded for a 32GB iPhone 4S and he's glad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bitonw

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
i have gone from the Nexus 4 to the iPhone 4S and like it.

having had smartphones like; X10, ACE2, Nexus S, Nexus 4 i'm happy with my 4S

personally i don't like big phones as you can't put them easily in your trouser pocket so for me the 4S size is perfect as IOS7 is.

also Android is broken IMHO as there are so many different versions around and then you have all those so called company adjustments like Samsung / HTC do etc. those companies also delays security updates what makes a whole bunch of phones vulnerable to crackers.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal