• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

GIVE AWAY: White iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I expensed a $650 dinner tab for a total of 4 guys... no one ever asked any questions after my manager signed off on it...

le_seus

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
craziest thing on expense report

i saw someone put a pack of bubbalicious on an expense report once. had it been like cinnamon or spearmint or the like it would hve been more understandable, but a pack of bubbalicious seemed odd.

duoFurious

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
it wasnt me

I seen a guy put a hotel on his expense report for a room to cheat on his woman with. I thought that was pretty crazy. and i do need an iphone, currently dont have one now, it broke :(

skip9989

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Once, when I was the Assistant Manager at a retail store we had to expense a jar of vasoline to put on glass for some window display, to make it look rainy...or something. Our directions from the corporate office told us to specifically go buy it and expense it. Guess I was the first person to submit the expense report...cause accounting called me up laughing so hard they could barely talk. On their end the transaction it read: "Card Number, Last Name, First Name, ***, Man, Lubricant"...they screen shot it and sent it all over the company...it was funny, just wished it would have happened to someone else!

pnut78

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I actually expensed an iPhone case because I use my iPhone for scheduling and as my calendar and planner. I got it to go through but was warned it wouldn't happen again!

drewsammie

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
restocking fee $15
Needed a pair of pants for a trade show, returned them but got charged a restocking fee since I removed the sales and price tags

stealthfox

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Tickets to NHRA Drag Racing event.

I was visiting a potential client, who happened to be going to the event the next day. And since I love automotive racing, I couldn't resist.

milq#IM

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I filled out an invoice for a M-198 Howitzer (155mm artillery piece) on my personal report after one was dropped from a helicopter in a training exercise.
(approx. $520,000.00 replacement cost)

I don't yet have an iPhone at all and came here for research...this would be a great way to grab one!

Last edited:

Paunngaq

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Expensed Gasoline!

I've actually expensed a tanks worth of gasoline and that was expensive just to drive boxes of garbage back and forth from the office to the dump. Probably a kilometer at the most in distance. Hey boss says do it, you do it right?

cheers,

Paunngaq

hanedono

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Strip Club Bills! And AP actually approved it! so either it was for some legitimate reason(?!?!) or the accountant didn't pay any attention at all...

lowdes

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So to get iOS 5 beta, i just expensed an iOS Developer Program and I have nothing to do with IT. Just told my boss I have to test new software for iPhone, he signed it :)! Would love to run this on a new white iPhone

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I was working for a property management company, loading all of their data into quickbooks, one item was a receipt from Victoria's Secret for $350. Work related expense?
I didnt ask questions, just entered it as an expense.

pistolpete0891

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Pants from Kmart (RIP). The story behind is what makes it funny as hell. I was on my way to a meeting, but I needed gas. Stopped at the station, and ripped the pants as I was working out the door after I paid. Ruined, totally unwearable. Luckily I had a towel in the car. I covered up, pumped my gas and headed to the nearest store for pants, which happened to be a Kmart. I walked in towel clad, and asked for help, and the woman looked at me like I was crazy. I bought the pants and made it to the meeting just in time. Quite a day

zacharisharris

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well mine is a crazy story. I was about to attend the WWDC yesterday but as I am a "Hackintosh" owner, I believed that my machine would not be appropriate amongst the other expensive "Apple" merchandise. So I ran to the nearest Apple Store and bought a 15-inch Macbook Pro.
(Cha-ching!) Sum: 1799$
As I was making my way back to the hotel, I was feeling all enthusiastic about my new purchase, but eventually an afternoon at the swimming pool was just what my little Apple Machine needed to rest in peace forever. With a scary look in my face, I recovered the machine from the water and rushed to the nearest Apple Store to get it fixed about 15 hours before the conference. The "Apple Guy" told me that the repair would take 2-5 days. I tried to explain to him that I was attending the WWDC but he simply told me that there was nothing they could do. Convinced that nothing could be done to bring my Mac "back to life", I bought another one as I was in a big rush.
(Cha-ching!)Total Sum: 3598$
PS: I can pretty much say that the WWDC rocked my world and outdid my low expectations. I believe that the new iOS 5 software will look amazing at a new white iPhone 4 rather than my old and rusty 3GS.

Wahoon

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
A few years ago I was helping my wife who was in the process of planning a Christmas party. She had decided to go with a "12 Days of Christmas" theme. She was required to place anything purchased for the party on an expense report item for item. So, she decided to have some fun on the report and put things on the report such as Partridge (plastic bird), Pear Tree (plastic tree), Five Gold Rings (plastic gold rings) and so on. She said it put a big smile on the face of the woman who processed the expense reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman