Get your own 7 Plus damnit

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Do any of you who've had the 7 Plus get drooled on by total strangers when you use it in public?
Yesterday I went to REI but I arrived before the store opened so I parked my tush on the sidewalk and pulled my phone and starting playing on Facebook.

2 guys immediately started asking about it.
This isn't the first time and I admit I did do that when I saw an Apple employee with his new 7 Plus a few days before launch day, but somehow I thought the curiosity would have died down a bit by now.

Then again today at Costco while waiting in line at the cashier.
It's rather odd because this did not happen when I got my 6.

But it's been 10 days since release day so I find this a bit weird.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup this past weekend all kinda of questions from people. Think they are seeing the camera lay out on the back. Dead giveaway.....

Also FYI there is still lines at most Apple stores every day for stock to come in.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm obviously not nearly as cool. Nobody cares about my 7 Plus...:(

Although my case may distract from the fact that it's a 7 plus.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Only got one stare. Walked into the sauna at the gym the other day and some girl all staring at the phone. I'm sure it was noticeable because of the matte black color. Needless to say, I gave the phone to my wife finally so I don't have to worry about looks in my direction anymore.

applefan4515

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I walked into an att authorized retailer a week ago to get a SIM card for my dad (gave him my 6s plus), and the guy that waited on me started asking me about my Apple Watch...I didn't mind except the fact that he got all hands on and started tapping the screen. He asked what phone I had and I told him I had the 7 plus. He asked if he could see it and I told him it was in my truck on the charger. As I was walking out someone called me. Lol

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic, people are going to stop me all the time then. I still get asked about "iWatch." I swear I could be in the middle of a million standing people, with me sitting down in the center with my music on and people would wade their way through the people to talk to me. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Fantastic, people are going to stop me all the time then. I still get asked about "iWatch." I swear I could be in the middle of a million standing people, with me sitting down in the center with my music on and people would wade their way through the people to talk to me. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to

No trouble, you know I aim to please. :rotfl:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Only got one stare. Walked into the sauna at the gym the other day and some girl all staring at the phone. I'm sure it was noticeable because of the matte black color. Needless to say, I gave the phone to my wife finally so I don't have to worry about looks in my direction anymore.

Wait, when you say that you gave it to your wife, do you mean for that moment or in general? If in general, what phone are you using then? :eek:

NekoMichi

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had that, as well as somewhat the reverse of that.

Last weekend I was in John Lewis intending to take a look at the Jet Black model (I'm using a standard Black iPhone 7) but there was too large a crowd around the display units for me to get close. It looked like they were out of stock and the shoppers were a little restless about the lack of availability. Then suddenly someone in the crowd spotted me using my phone while checking messages and pointed at me while saying "he's got one!" before the crowd all simultaneously turned around.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

(Dramatic re-enactment of the event)

To be fair though, I kind of did the same when I noticed a Buddhist monk using a Rose Gold 7 Plus at the airport (monks in Asia are actually very tech-literate!).

The other time, something similar happened in a different store on a different day. Except I was using an iPhone 6. The guy probably mistook it for a 7 and blurted out before realising.

I now use the Smart Battery Case, which effectively disguises the phone and makes it indistinguishable from the 6s, so I can use it while hidden in plain sight.

It still didn't fool my colleague though, as she instantly recognised that the case wasn't the same as the 6s case.

Last edited:

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Walking to my car yesterday on my way to the Apple Store to pick up my 7 Plus I had my 6s Plus box with me because I was selling it right after. I got asked twice on the way to my car if that was the new one. Also, can confirm that stores still have lines for the thing BUT stores also have a lot more stock now. I saw a line of about 10 not-from-this-country folks and by the time I left with mine, I noticed 4 of them had walked out with iPhones. Plural, because they each bought more than one. Hey, as long as I got mine...

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Ive had a couple people ask me whether my iPhone is the new 7 Plus or not. I tell them that its just the 6s Plus and they get all disappointed. Well, sorry for the truth. Just goes to show how much interest there was/is in the newest iPhone.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Was at Old Navy buying some clothes and put the phone down to pay and the cashier asked me about it, asked how I liked it, all that jazz.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been asked a few times since swapping out my silver for a black one. Nobody asked about my silver though. I still have more people inquiring about my Apple Watch than anything else.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Since nearly EVERYONE in my office knew I was waiting for this thing, I got peppered this morning! I missed the bosses big fund raiser last night too (but i DID buy my ticket) and everyone understood why, LOL!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh