Get real AT&T iP 6+ preorders are not coming by Friday.

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I ordered at 3:16am est the iPhone 6+ 16GB space grey. I have a shipment date of 10/2-10/13/2014. This hasn't budged for days. It's mid day Thursday and launch is tomorrow, there is no indication that I will get it tomorrow. All the hoping, wishing, checking order status, calling AT&T agents, or following iPhone flights with shipments is going to change the fact that I'm not going to see my phone tomorrow.

I plan on camping out at an AT&T store to see if I can pick one up. I'm getting conflicting information on whether I can cancel on the spot and have my upgrade eligibility come back. I call a premiere rep and they claim I can call and cancel the order and have my eligibility come back immediately. However, when I talk to an in store rep they claim that it takes 48 hours for my eligibility to return. Not sure who is telling the truth but I hope the premiere rep is right because I don't want to camp out only to find out I can't get the phone. Anyway for that matter, I'm not even sure they will have 6+s in stock so I'll be taking a chance anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Join the parade. Interesting stories I'm seeing in the ATT forums. The most pertinent is that early pre-orderites like you and me are premiere customers. An unusually large number of premiere customers are getting the same story - we preordered within the first 30 minutes; we did not get a confirmation email for at least an hour and a half later; our orders had to be manually entered after the non-premiere customers secured their orders.

Many of us have been stuck with the 10/2-13 shipment range. It is likely that is valid. There is nothing more we can do at this time. No point in complaining. But a valuable lesson learned - DO NOT PREORDER VIA AT&T.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm right along with you all. Finished my order at 3:10am, got my confirmation at 5:20am and a ship date of 10/2...... :(

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Here is an example of the discussion. There are lots of these all over. Whether this is true and happened to me and others like me is unknown. I didnt receive a confirmation email for almost 90 minutes after the on-screen message from AT&T said that my order went through:

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 4.08.54 PM.png

rgood0810

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have said this before, but I worked at att call center during iphone 5 release and we spent that whole month having premier cancel orders and we had to reset the eligibility manually

April M1

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming for your eligibility to return. I sure hope that is wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yikes, yeah hopefully. I was starting up a new contract and I spoke with a rep yesterday and I had suggested if I should cancel my order and get one in store but he assured me its such a limited stock for the 6Plus I would initially screw myself. Because when I cancel and re-order if I cant get it in the store then he assumed like with the 5s, they won't get any back in stock until december.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I hate to be the bearer of bad news about hoping to show up at a store and get a Plus tomorrow. This is about Apple Stores, but I can't imagine the situation at AT&T stores is going to be much better.

iClarified - Apple News - Apple Stores Reportedly Have Barely Any iPhone 6 Plus Stock for Launch Tomorrow

This is pretty much what I have expected. If they don't even have enough to fill all the pre-orders, why would they have a large inventory at the stores? Chances are, if they have any 6+ in the stores, they are probably 16GB only. Aren't we glad that we had pre-ordered?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Here is an example of the discussion. There are lots of these all over. Whether this is true and happened to me and others like me is unknown. I didnt receive a confirmation email for almost 90 minutes after the on-screen message from AT&T said that my order went through:

View attachment 65097

You are sub-human - AT&T says so. ;)

This is why I NEVER order from the carrier. Always, always, ALWAYS from Apple. The carriers simply CANNOT be trusted.

detfan

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why so many in this place feel like they are so much better than anyone else here.
Who cares what people think and who's mad about what?

I don't call it entitled, I call it being pissed off that their carrier blew it.

Man there are some holier than thou people here. Imore really does have some uppity people here. Stop judging.

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The entitlement some people around here feel is amazing.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people wait all year long to be among the few to have this phone on launch day. Some people pay a lot of money for the iphone status symbol. If some feel they are entitled, so be it. To others, it's just another phone. Before patronizing people because they regret making a poor ordering decision as "entitlement", try putting the shoe on the other foot and imagine yourself in their position.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Join the parade. Interesting stories I'm seeing in the ATT forums. The most pertinent is that early pre-orderites like you and me are premiere customers. An unusually large number of premiere customers are getting the same story - we preordered within the first 30 minutes; we did not get a confirmation email for at least an hour and a half later; our orders had to be manually entered after the non-premiere customers secured their orders.

Many of us have been stuck with the 10/2-13 shipment range. It is likely that is valid. There is nothing more we can do at this time. No point in complaining. But a valuable lesson learned - DO NOT PREORDER VIA AT&T.

I find it strange that they would "Premiere" customers have an extra step. I remember trying to pre-order my 5 and couldn't because of something with the premiere system. Just disappointing I guess. AT&T has a lot of perks over Verizon with my job, but they let me down almost enough to make me want to switch.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks. Some people wait all year long to be among the few to have this phone on launch day. Some people pay a lot of money for the iphone status symbol. If some feel they are entitled, so be it. To others, it's just another phone. Before patronizing people because they regret making a poor ordering decision as "entitlement", try putting the shoe on the other foot and imagine yourself in their position.

I've been in that position. And I've handled it differently. Just be patient. That's all it takes.