Get a 7 or 7 Plus today (or tomorrow)

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my 7 Plus on order with T-Mobile for a bit now but there was no movement and then they hit me with a "expected ship date change" which took the timeframe from early Oct to late Oct. I decided to just forget all that and hunt one down through Apple. At first, I was using the regular reservation system Apple has. If you go online around midnight or early enough before they open, you could find one. However, every store I tried to reserve one at (even when it showed they had what I wanted) would lead me to a "service unavailable" error.

Then I used this link: https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y

And voila!

Found a Matte Black 7 Plus reasonably close to me, reserved it, and went in during my scheduled time.

Why does that link work and the reservation system for us peasants doesn't? The above link is the IUP link. It's pretty well-known that Apple is giving priority to new and existing IUP customers. So that link lets you reserve any phone that is available (with the notion that you're doing IUP), while the normal one just errors out as if there's no stock.

I didn't have issues once at the store. I considered going the IUP route, but my stupid cousin didn't pay his part of the bill, so my account wouldn't let me upgrade. However, with my reservation already in hand, I could've done either financing through my carrier, IUP, or, what I ultimately did, paid full price.

I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.

Good luck!

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Can you do T-Mobile EIP? (Equipment Installment plan) at the Apple Store? I still have a shipping date of November 1 with T-Mobile

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe so. I recall reading something on that, but information seems to be hit or miss. I know for sure they won't do JoD upgrades. But JUMP may still be an option. May want to call to make sure.

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you cannot - I believe TMO devices at Apple stores are only cash or part of upgrade program - they won't process TMO payment plans like they do AT&Ts.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get the reservation page to work for me for a week, I finally got it to work yesterday but then decided to just BUY it from apple's online store and select in-store pickup. Worked flawless, in and out of the store in minutes.

iP7+ Black 256gb

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Good tip! I did the same thing and it worked for me. Got a 256 GB 7 Plus in black last week. Best times to check are midnight EST and 8:00 AM local time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice