Geekbench 5

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone here using Geekbench 5?

Since iOS 14 my benchmark multi-core scores are lower than average on my XR. Single-core scores are above average.

Device is running fine and smooth.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I haven’t used it since iOS 14, the trouble is, once you have established a dataset there is very little you can do to alter/enhance it !

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t used it since iOS 14, the trouble is, once you have established a dataset there is very little you can do to alter/enhance it !

You’re right about that. There’s nothing you can really do. I did use Geekbench 4 then updated to Geekbench 5. The benchmarks have been lower on 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You’re right about that. There’s nothing you can really do. I did use Geekbench 4 then updated to Geekbench 5. The benchmarks have been lower on 5.

I still use Geekbench 4. Reviewers say 5 no longer has the battery test. I'm wondering if iTunes made them remove it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iTunes is an app though.
I doubt that an app will make someone do something.
You must mean Apple made them remove it.

Well, iTunes has their own phone number and email address, separate from Apple's. When I had a recent issue with a song, Apple Support transfered me through to iTunes, where I talked with a very nice person for 2 hours. Pretty sure she wasn't an app.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, iTunes has their own phone number and email address, separate from Apple's. When I had a recent issue with a song, Apple Support transfered me through to iTunes, where I talked with a very nice person for 2 hours. Pretty sure she wasn't an app.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

[pedantic] iTunes is no longer what they call the thing where you buy apps. That is the App Store, on all platforms, and that is the group that polices Apple's inscrutable at times app rules. [/pedantic]

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
[pedantic] iTunes is no longer what they call the thing where you buy apps. That is the App Store, on all platforms, and that is the group that polices Apple's inscrutable at times app rules. [/pedantic]

That may be true, but the Apple rep said she was transferring me to iTunes, where I spoke with an iTunes rep for 2 hours. She gave me 2 song credits. One to fix my issue, and one just for free. If I buy a song, I do it in the iTunes Store app, not the App Store app.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
That may be true, but the Apple rep said she was transferring me to iTunes, where I spoke with an iTunes rep for 2 hours. She gave me 2 song credits. One to fix my issue, and one just for free. If I buy a song, I do it in the iTunes Store app, not the App Store app.

That's correct, but when you buy an App, you do it in the App Store, not the iTunes Store. iTunes Store now only deals with media purchases (music and video.) What is being discussed here is the possible limit on Geekbench 5 - an app, not a song or video - from collecting battery drain data on iOS.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's correct, but when you buy an App, you do it in the App Store, not the iTunes Store. iTunes Store now only deals with media purchases (music and video.) What is being discussed here is the possible limit on Geekbench 5 - an app, not a song or video - from collecting battery drain data on iOS.

I never said anything about an app. But I see your point. @Tartarus mentioned an app.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I never said anything about an app. @Tartarus mentioned an app.

This thread is literally about Geekbench 5. An app. And you said, "Reviewers say 5 no longer has the battery test. I'm wondering if iTunes made them remove it.." As I said, now for the third time, it would be the App Store, not iTunes, that would be the group at Apple that would communicate with the developers of the Geekbench app that would tell them whether they were allowed to access battery data on the device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This thread is literally about Geekbench 5. An app. And you said, "Reviewers say 5 no longer has the battery test. I'm wondering if iTunes made them remove it.." As I said, now for the third time, it would be the App Store, not iTunes, that would be the group at Apple that would communicate with the developers of the Geekbench app that would tell them whether they were allowed to access battery data on the device.

I already said I see your point. It would be the App Store or Apple, rather than iTunes. But my argument with him was when he said iTunes was only an app. Apparently, iTunes is a place, department, or division at Apple.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone here using Geekbench 5?

Yes...

c7884d8c0b628183cdd79f5e9b645089.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen