Gathering all my email

mrwayyne

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have just purchased a new iphone 5s and the mail is only pulling in the last 150 messages. I can't find any setting that allows me to ask for the last 1000. On my 4s I have that option. So far, no one has been able to direct me as to how I can get more emails to show up.

Thanks for your help.

:smile:

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi mrwayyne, welcome to iMore.

If you go to settings -->Mail, contacts, calendars --> and select the email you want to set up/sync you'll find that only outlook accounts (as far as I know) have an option at the end called "mail days to sync" where you can clearly select it.
Since you are having this issue and are not able to find the option to download more emails I assume you are on gmail, yahoo or any other different from outlook; on those (and if I'm not wrong) you have to give the mail app time to download the emails specially if you just set up your new phone, because it downloads most of them or at least in my case it did, also remember to choose to fetch the emails according to your needs.

IF this is not your case, let us know what email it is and what your set up is right now, so we can be of more assistance.

mrwayyne

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you...

I have email through Comcast. On my 4s It collected all my emails... over a thousand. On the iphone 5s, it downloaded a 150 for both email addresses and that's it. It does not fetch more or load more. I can't figure it out. It goes back as far as March 21 and that's it.

Puzzled

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396724132.260047.jpg under your comcast email which I'm assuming is made under other. There should be an option that says mail days to sync. Click it and change it to no limit.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

mrwayyne

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
OH... I had such hope...

My iphone 5s does not look like that. The accounts are listed ...and among them comcast. But there is no option for "Mail Days to Synch." It says "ask before deleting," Fetch New Data" and how often.. but not how much...

Even the Verizon rep had no idea where to look. I wonder if Apple would know. Would there be a support number to call .. or should I go into a store?

Thanks guys

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OH... I had such hope...

My iphone 5s does not look like that. The accounts are listed ...and among them comcast. But there is no option for "Mail Days to Synch." It says "ask before deleting," Fetch New Data" and how often.. but not how much...

Even the Verizon rep had no idea where to look. I wonder if Apple would know. Would there be a support number to call .. or should I go into a store?

Thanks guys

I would start via the following link:

https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.action

Chasalz

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I have three Gmail accounts that I have on an iPad iPhone and 2 Mac computers. On my iPad I wanted to change the order of the accounts. So I deleted the three gmail accounts and re-added them one by one in the order I wanted. When I opened each account on the iPad every folder that had emails in it what only download 150 emails. The Gmail set up does not have any synchronous setting. The iPhone and my MacBook Pro and Mac Mini all have some 25,000 emails in my main account in all mail. My iPad has 150+ any new emails that have arrived since the dad we created the account.

Is this an Apple problem or is it a Google problem? I had apple on the phone for over an hour and they were stumped and are going to open a ticket. However they said this could be a problem with Google. I looked in the Google Gmail settings and there doesn't seem to be any place where they referred to limiting to emails being forwarded.

I see other people have the same problem.

judyl

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem with a Verizon POP account. My 4S pulled all emails from the server with no limit. Now my iPhone 7 will only pull 150. It is not a issue of waiting to download more. One comes in, one gets deleted. Exactly 150. What is going on ? How do I fix this? This is worse than the problem I had before with too many. I'm freaking out I can't search historical email.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR