Galaxy S8 Anyone?

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Get a goddamn room you two. Who cares. You're clogging up a decent thread with petty squabbling.

You're right and I simply hate when people derail threads but you may understand that I was simply answering direct questions and doubts of what I was saying, and if someone doesn't answer such direct questions he or she then gets labeled as a liar or troll.

At the end of my post I asked him to just ignore me as I ignore him, so this shouldn't happen again. I don't plan to even answer anything else directed to me, so we can keep this thread civil and on track from now on, as it was until latest posts. Sorry all.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Burden of proof is on me? Really? There you have the links of some of the threads, you read them if you want, if not then it's up to you. What I said on this thread was simply facts, not opinions like the ones you post on all possible threads and articles over Android Central, different than you I really give both platforms a fair try, my wife and daughters all use iPhones (that I bought for them) and I used the iPhone 7Plus for more than 3 months before selling it and buying the S8+, I do use both platforms, more Androids than iPhones, but I do use both, so when I give my opinion is not based on what I read or somebody else telling me what to do or like but on my own personal experiences.

But saying that the burden of proof is on me just because you say so... I must admit you're a funny guy. Wild claims? Not backing up? Hey just read the 4 links I provided before, read them you will see by yourself if this is a wild claim or actual problems tons of people are having right now with the so perfect iPhones. Take a closer look to the last link above from Apple Support community and look for the amount of users with the same problems, users with 2,3 and even 4 replacements and still have the issue, in my case, 4 different iphones with the same problem. My comments were how does Apple manage to keep all this under the rug is simply beyond me, I assume that given the good service they provide where you can just walk to an Apple service center and get a new phone makes things a lot better for the users Vs on Android when things like this happen, and people are out of their 14 days return window then they need to deal with the manufacturer, and their lack of physical stores or centers where to deal with this cause the outrage and the usual negative posts or comments over the web.

You seem to have a problem accepting that Apple is not perfect, and no, iPhones are far from it, all I commented before you jumped on me was that iPhones were not perfect, I mentioned my experience and now I provided some links to the threads (there are tons of more threads about it, and those you look for them, I'm not your personal assistant) and then you went directly against me as if I need to prove you something. The Apple technician that was helping me during the long month of troubleshooting told me that the problem has been acknowledged and that they were having a lot of returns because of it, that I was not the only one and that 3 or 4 replacements by user was the norm on this case, hence the reason that they offered me a Reward when I called him to tell him that I found the culprit and that it was iCloud for Windows installed on the computer.

You didn't like me mentioning your Trusted member status, ehh, I don't like having another Trusted Member going against my posts and obviously going against my character and just clearly saying that you are doubting what I'm saying, so in other words that I'm lying. You have doubts of what I'm saying I showed you the links so you could see it for yourself, if you do it or not, that's up to you, but let's do something, from now on, when you see my name, just ignore me, don't even read what I post, in other words just do what I've been doing with you for the past couple of weeks.

Deal?

If you make claims, you are to provide proof of those claims. It is not my responsibility to go running around the internet looking for proof of your claims. That's not how it works. Just because you say something is true doesn't make it so.

With that being said, this discussion is apropos for this thread. If anyone has an issue with it, there's a little triangle with an exclamation point you can press to alert the mods.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
So, it has been almost a month since I have put my iPhone 7+ away for my S8+. I'm still loving this phone. I personally enjoy that is isn't as wide and I can sometimes use my phone with one hand. I can't remember the last time that I was able to do that.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
If you make claims, you are to provide proof of those claims. It is not my responsibility to go running around the internet looking for proof of your claims. That's not how it works. Just because you say something is true doesn't make it so.

With that being said, this discussion is apropos for this thread. If anyone has an issue with it, there's a little triangle with an exclamation point you can press to alert the mods.

The same can be said for your claims. The individual was simply stating an experience. You didn't have it. Not unusual.

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
So, it has been almost a month since I have put my iPhone 7+ away for my S8+. I'm still loving this phone. I personally enjoy that is isn't as wide and I can sometimes use my phone with one hand. I can't remember the last time that I was able to do that.

Yes it really is something special having that huge screen size in such a small form factor. One thing that will help you a lot more is the One Handed Mode, I use the Gesture instead of the 3 taps to the home button, a hint, just do the swipe and in one single movement without lifting your finger from the screen, keep moving it up or down and you'll be able to adjust the screen size. Believe me once you master it you'll simply love it, I'm using it in a daily basis, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.

Last edited:

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes it really is something special having that huge screen size in such a small form factor. One thing that will help you a lot more is the One Handed Mode, I use the Gesture instead of the 3 taps to the home button and once you master the gesture, a hint, just do the swipe and in one single movement without lifting your finger from the screen, keep moving it up or down and you'll be able to adjust the screen size. Believe me once you master it you'll simply love it, I'm using it in a daily basis, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.
Never thought about using the gestures. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery drain issues on iPhone

Just curious, were the people who experienced battery drain on i7/+ using Google services (Now, Maps) with location services ON always? When i moved over to my i7+ a few weeks ago, coming from Android, one of the first things i did was install all my Google apps to sustain the ecosystem i came from. After a day or two, i realized the battery wasnt performing very well and when investigating the stats it showed Google running in background OFTEN. Once i uninstalled Google App (Sadly yes), my battery life on my i7+ was incredible and has stayed that way ever since. I still use Google but via the webpage, the only App i use from Google now is Photos for backup.

Just an FYI to those encountering battery issues on your iPhones. I know having to delete Google's App isnt ideal, but maybe it wasnt properly optimized for iOS.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I pulled the trigger last night and ordered an S8. I'll still have my iPhone 7 Plus. I'm interested in comparing the two devices. Visually, the S8 is a great looking device. I look forward to seeing how it compares and how Android has changed since I last used it.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So I pulled the trigger last night and ordered an S8. I'll still have my iPhone 7 Plus. I'm interested in comparing the two devices. Visually, the S8 is a great looking device. I look forward to seeing how it compares and how Android has changed since I last used it.

S8 or the S8+? Considering the smaller form factor of the S8, but don't know if I want to try again.

MKNicole1988

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I previously posted about having a S8+ for only a day and then returning it. I'm going to try using it again today and see if I can make the switch to android. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone 7 Plus but I feel like it's time for a change. The form factor of the iPhone has been the same since the iPhone 6/6 Plus. I hope that the iPhone 8 will be a change from previous iPhones but the software probably won't change other than a few minor changes. I love iMessage and the simplicity of the iPhone but I need a change. The S8+ is a beautiful device and I love that it has expandable memory, wireless charging, better battery life, and the infinity screen is beautiful all on it's own.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I did the S8. I love my 7 Plus but one issue I have sometimes is the size. So I figured I'd try something with a smaller form factor.

Bingo. That might be what I do today as well. Maybe. If I decide I can't hold out for the KEYone or the U11...or maybe I'll decide I need all three

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Bingo. That might be what I do today as well. Maybe. If I decide I can't hold out for the KEYone or the U11...or maybe I'll decide I need all three

Lol I hear you. I held out for as long as I could. I resisted going to look at the S8 because I knew if I liked it enough I'd jump. And sure enough...I did just that lol. Hopefully I like it as much as my first impressions indicate I might.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Lol I hear you. I held out for as long as I could. I resisted going to look at the S8 because I knew if I liked it enough I'd jump. And sure enough...I did just that lol. Hopefully I like it as much as my first impressions indicate I might.

Still haven't pulled the trigger.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The jet black felt like a 5c. And I did have a jet black 7 for quite awhile. But your right, who cares.

Apparently some do, the way anything even remotely critical of the S8 is getting attacked.

I have my own long standing issues with Samsung keeping me from the S8. I've given them tries on the S1, S3, S4, S5 and S7. Crappy charge ports, sd cards randomly corrupting, battery failures...owning a phone for 4 months and three months of that time it was at Samsung as part of a recall...

It's pretty as heck...until it's not.

Two companies made phones I've owned that have never failed on me. Apple and Palm. Certainly not Samsung. And as nice as it is, I simply don't trust them them make a quality phone.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Apparently some do, the way anything even remotely critical of the S8 is getting attacked.

I have my own long standing issues with Samsung keeping me from the S8. I've given them tries on the S1, S3, S4, S5 and S7. Crappy charge ports, ad cards randomly corrupting, battery failures...owning a phone for 4 months and three months of that time it was at Samsung as part of a recall...

It's pretty as heck...until it's not.

Two companies made phones I've owned that have never failed on me. Apple and Palm. Certainly not Samsung. And as nice as it is, I simply don't trust them them make a quality phone.
I've had s5, s7 edge, and now s8. I've never had to do a warranty exchange once. Now apple on the other hand, I've done many. So I guess it's our luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox