FYI: turn off Wifi assist

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
FYI in ios9 go into settings -> cellular and scroll down and turn off wifi assist

It will not only save your data it will help with lag. It made the 6 and my dads 5s snap right back to normal.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
FYI in ios9 go into settings -> cellular and scroll down and turn off wifi assist

It will not only save your data it will help with lag. It made the 6 and my dads 5s snap right back to normal.

Great tip. Thanks.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. Seems faster now.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It made a MASSIVE difference in the 6 and on my dad's 5S. Like...IMMEDIATELY. And any of my friends I told to do it also noticed the change.

The reason I really mentioned it was because it will absolutely chew through data, and if you're not unlimited or don't have a ridiculous plan like I have, it will kill your plan. That lag thing was kind of a bonus discovery.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
It made a MASSIVE difference in the 6 and on my dad's 5S. Like...IMMEDIATELY. And any of my friends I told to do it also noticed the change.

The reason I really mentioned it was because it will absolutely chew through data, and if you're not unlimited or don't have a ridiculous plan like I have, it will kill your plan. That lag thing was kind of a bonus discovery.

I thanked you for your bonus discovery. 😀👍

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
On paper this seems like a great function. I wonder what is causing this lag though. Is it just pinging your location every 5 minutes or so?

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I consumed my monthly data limit in 8 days due to wi-fi assist and traced it to this 'non-bug' on ios 9 yesterday.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
On paper this seems like a great function. I wonder what is causing this lag though. Is it just pinging your location every 5 minutes or so?

Basically yea. The OS is trying to keep a good strong signal and a lot of it's resources are being devoted to that.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
BGR have just done an article on this feature... [external link redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiliam2