Full Body Guard/Skins for iPhone 7+! Reviews and recommendations!

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi!

I've only just found about skins thru this forum and I'm sold!
I just want a clear skin for protection for now. Maybe designs in the future~

Just doing alittle research now:

• Are these skins removable and do they leave any residue or damage the surface of the iphones?

• And I read that some are wet application? Are they safe to use on phones?
    Which do you actually prefer? - Wet or Dry Application?

The brands I've found are

DBrand,
Colourware
Slickwraps
Decalgirl
bodyguardz

Which is the best in your opinion?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

iEsther

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I have been using one from the Gadgetshieldz which is not mentioned on the list. They offer both the transparent and customizable textured skins. I have used SW and Dbrand. On this three everything is made of the same material.
The slickwraps little backward in the precision. But the Dbrand and Gadgetshieldz have precise cutouts.
Slickwraps have real series that these both doesn't have.
Slickwraps and Gadgetshieldz both offer transparent skins but Dbrand doesn't.
Currently, I use the transparent skins from Gadgetshieldz for iPhone7. And planned to get customizable skins from the Dbrand cause I didn't see customizable skins with Gadgetshieldz.

These skins won't leave any residue while removing and wet install are totally safe. You don't need to worry a little if you have iPhone 7.

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I have been using one from the Gadgetshieldz which is not mentioned on the list. They offer both the transparent and customizable textured skins. I have used SW and Dbrand. On this three everything is made of the same material.
The slickwraps little backward in the precision. But the Dbrand and Gadgetshieldz have precise cutouts.
Slickwraps have real series that these both doesn't have.
Slickwraps and Gadgetshieldz both offer transparent skins but Dbrand doesn't.
Currently, I use the transparent skins from Gadgetshieldz for iPhone7. And planned to get customizable skins from the Dbrand cause I didn't see customizable skins with Gadgetshieldz.

These skins won't leave any residue while removing and wet install are totally safe. You don't need to worry a little if you have iPhone 7.

Thanks iEsther!!
Is there a preference you have on wet or dry installs?

The reviews I saw on slickwraps are abit of a miss.. So I might try the other brands instead
Will go look up Gadgetshieldz!

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Zagg

I guess I should have mentioned that I've been using Zagg since the 3GS and have received full trade/sell value when it came time.

Last edited:

Scstoney

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I use a clear body skin from best skins ever for my gold plus. On previous iPhones I have always used the matte skins but they're still a little slick. I really like the clear skin because it's not slick being held. I've used these skins for a few years now and love em'! I've tried different ones from slick wraps and stickerboy and didn't like them near as much as best skins ever.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a full body skin from best skins ever for my jet black. Ill come back and post pictures and a review when I get it later on this week.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
thanks!
I'm just nervous about the wet install ..

7Plus is water resistant. And skins are more damp-install, not dunk- install. Wet install has been fine on prior editions of iPhone before they were water resistant.

Wet would be perfectly fine. Really nothing to worry about it that's what you choose.

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I know this is quite Weird, but has anyone used skins as well as casing? I don't think casings would fit well if the phone as a skin?

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I know this is quite Weird, but has anyone used skins as well as casing? I don't think casings would fit well if the phone as a skin?

I've done this since the 3GS. Back then with the 3GS though, Zagg didn't really have the "case friendly" skins so it was a tight fit but nowadays most skin companies skins are case friendly so it shouldn't be a problem at all.

iEsther

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks iEsther!!
Is there a preference you have on wet or dry installs?

The reviews I saw on slickwraps are abit of a miss.. So I might try the other brands instead
Will go look up Gadgetshieldz!

I prefer a wet install because they are invisible once after it's been applied.