From JB 6.1 to 6.1.1 then JB again?

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to restore my device from an Evasi0n Jailbreak on 6.1 to 6.1.1, then re-jailbreak using the 1.3 Evasi0n tool. I keep receiving an error advising my phone (4S) is not eligible for the requested build. I fired up Tiny Umbrella and unchecked "Set hosts to Cydia on Exit". Tried again, still receiving the error. Is there a step-by-step for those of us JB already looking to go clean/re-jailbreak with the new firmware? I am not sure what step I am missing here. I even got hung up in DFU mode and recovery, and had to get Tiny Umb to bring me back out of it. Thanks in advance...

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, have to revive this one because I am at a complete loss. So I saved my SHSH using Tiny Umbrella for 6.1. I downloaded the 6.1 IPSW and then opened iTunes. Option click and restored. I keep getting a DEVICE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REQUESTED BUILD error. I tried to restore using tiny umbrella as well, having the TSs server running during the attempted restore process. No go again. Phone then went into Recovery mode and used TU to kick it out of recovery. I am really getting frustrated, and I want to upgrade to 6,1,2 and re jailbreak with evasion. What am I doing wrong here? I'm using the correct version of my IPSW. I'm using TU. I know I have to be missing some mundane step, can anyone give me a hand here?

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Is it necessary to use the 6.1 IPSW, or can I just restore using the 6.1.2 IPSW if I currently running 6.1? If I'm doing a restore, I would think that would not be an issue. Maybe that's what's wrong? Should I just be jumping over to 6.1.2??

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Since 6.1.2 is out now this is pretty much obsolete...

If you're presently jailbroken, search Cydia for an app to back-up your jailbreak stuff... then do that. Then do a back-up via iTunes... then, update to 6.1.2 via iTunes or over the air... then use the latest version of the evasion jailbreak tool... then restore your iTunes back-up, followed by your jailbreak back-up.

Last edited:

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you..I was just hung up on the "downgrade" issue. I was thinking I needed to unjailbreak by restoring to my current version, then upgrade to the latest OS, then re jailbreak. I bet that's my issue. Can anyone recommend a good backup for jailbroken apps/customizations?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you..I was just hung up on the "downgrade" issue. I was thinking I needed to unjailbreak by restoring to my current version, then upgrade to the latest OS, then re jailbreak. I bet that's my issue. Can anyone recommend a good backup for jailbroken apps/customizations?

Yep, no need to restore first, just do the update and re-jb. As for backup apps, I usually recommend against them in case of incompatibility issues with newer firmwares. Just as easy (I think) to reload your apps manually from Cydia using the Queue method.