From Blackberry Passport to iPhone 7 Plus

kuje75

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Just got my iPhone last Saturday after a very long time with Blackberry. My last Blackberry device is Blackberry Passport. There are certain functions that I really misses from Passport. But it's only been a week. So far pretty loving my iPhone and looking forward to learn more.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Just got my iPhone last Saturday after a very long time with Blackberry. My last Blackberry device is Blackberry Passport. There are certain functions that I really misses from Passport. But it's only been a week. So far pretty loving my iPhone and looking forward to learn more.
Welcome to iMore, and congratulations on getting an iPhone. Many of us have migrated from Blackberry over the years and initially found iOS to be lacking in comparison. Having said that, once we made the adjustment, many of us found the iPhone to be more capable than expected. Maybe you will, too....

Last edited:

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey kuje75, Welcome to iMore!

I also recently switched from Blackberry 10 OS. Was using a Blackberry Leap previously, as you said, there are a couple things 'we' will miss but there is a lot of things we gain, like Apps! Oh, the Apps, so many Apps haha. Additionally, i love the Camera, fingerprint sensor and battery life.

Hope to see you around the forums. Maybe we can chat about the Good ol days :p

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome K there are lots of BlackBerry converts here it never took me long to get comfortable with iphone you will find you get regular updates from Apple straight to you not through your carrier plus lots of apps with support and best of all the device " Just Works "

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I'm a former BB owner as well. After a brief stint with Android I came over to iOS and I've been a very satisfied Apple user for almost seven years. Remember, there's an app for that! iOS has a gigantic app selection so many missing features can probably be satisfied by finding the right app.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Moderator Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome, I started on Blackberry before switching between Blackberry and Android and finally giving in and trying an iPhone. By then I was already well into the app space and I couldn't go back to BB even though I wanted to with BB10.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I, too, reluctantly left BB10 and Passport SE a couple months ago for the iPhone 7. I just couldn't fight the app gap any longer, and wanted the coordination with the entire system and the seamless communication with my family, all of whom have iPhones. What do I miss? The sheer elegance of the SE, the physical keyboard, the Hub, and the true multitasking. I miss the ability to interact with the BB10 operating system sort of like what happened when Windows replaced DOS, those old enough to remember that. I also miss the humorous "edginess" of my fellow Crackberry regulars who wouldn't hesitate to correct anyone who wasn't up to speed on the OS or anything else, for that matter.

That said, the switch to iOS has been relatively painless, and there is a lot to like about it. And I've since gotten an Apple ⌚️ and Air Pods. I don't think I could go back to BlackBerry now, although the Mercury Android with its pkbd might be a temptation for a second phone, depending on the price point.

For now, see you on iMore.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I'm another former BlackBerry user. I transitioned to iPhone five years ago and never looked back. Enjoy your iPhone and iMore experience.

BillyBreathes

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm the same as you, went to an iPhone 6 from the Passport. I do a lot of music bookings, all through facebook messenger. When the support stopped for that, I had to give my passport up. I miss it sometimes, but love how the native apps on iOs function and interact. I'm a happy convert for sure.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods