From an SE to an iPhone X

jerrysimon

Feb 5, 2019
Visit site
I am completly in the Mac environment with an iMac, Macbook and phone. All our family use iPhones and its a great way to share family photos in the icloud especially of the new G kids.

When it comes to phones I have always purchased older iPhone models to keep cost down and tend to buy up front and then use sim only.

Having used 5S and 5SE I was beginning to struggle seeing the screen without putting on some cheap reading glasses, so initially tried an Mini iPad to carry round and use with my SE hotspot. This soon got old having to carry a bag with me, so I took the plunge and purchased a returned X from Argos at almost half the cost of when they first came out. The phone arrived and is like new.

I really wasn't ready for the wow factor moving from the SE to the X. The first thing I discovered was the portrait mode and what stunning pics it takes of my G kids.

The screen is lovely and easily read without my cheapo reading glasses needed for the SE.

I also was not prepared for how well the X battery performs over the SE.

The face regognition also seem faultless despite some of the problems I had read people were having. I also seemed to have transitioned easily from not now having the home button. I was not sure if 64GB was going to be enough but so far I only have 17GB used since I first started using iPhones 4 years ago.

The only problem now is my wife wants one lol. I paid about £100 more than we paid for the SE 2 years ago so overall I think its great value. We tend to keep our phones for about 3 years so here's hoping the X lasts that long.

I am a bit precious about damaging it though so as with my SE have purchased a bumber case with a hard back. This one is clear. Most people seem to use an all silicon case but I am not sure if that would give the same level of protection if I was to drop it ?

Also I have purchased one of the glass screen covers and not sure if to fit that as well. In the past I have used the plastic ones and ended up removing them after a few weeks as they always peeled ?

Anyway just a few thoughts I would put down about my new phone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore! It's great to have you here, and I really enjoyed your post! Congratulations on your new iPhone! It's always so exciting to discover features on newer models!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the new phone. Especially with an all screen front, most screen protectors seem to come with an installation tray now to make it super easy to install. A glass screen protector also shouldn’t peel because it is a piece of glass. Let us know what you think about it. As for a case, there’s a true plethora of cases available at widely differing price ranges and levels of protection. Most of your standard thin cases are fine for normal every day drops.

EDIT: Oh! And welcome to iMore!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Add me to the list that went from SE to X. I have had it about a year now, and am very happy with it. The glass screen protectors are miles (or km) better than the plastic ones. I would say put it on and see for yourself, but you should be very happy with the X for a long time. Over the past 5 years I was switching phones several times a year. Now with the X I don't feel the impulse to get a new phone at least not until next year maybe. I also bought my phone used, and one for my wife as well (actually bought hers first). With buying the 2 new X's (hers is 64, mine is 256GB) and selling her old iPhone 7 (kept my SE as a spare), it was still less than one new X. At that price I don't think there is a better phone out there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner