free texting from jamaica to the US?

I

iMore Question

I have the verizon more everything plan and I am traveling to Jamaica. Can I just text the person in the US the same as always? Will I be charged for the text messages from my phone to theirs? We are both on the same plan. Thanks

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! You can use iMessage free. But will be charged for SMS messages by your carrier. Facetime is also free. Definitely only on WiFi.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe. Contact Verizon and ask. If you'll have access to Wi-Fi and the person you're texting as well as yourself have iPhones then you can send iMessages to each other free of charge.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Read this.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ort/more-everything-plan-faqs/&token=qRtbYE5-

"How many international text or multimedia messages can I send each month on The MORE Everything Plan?

You can send as many as you want from the US. Every device on your account gets to send unlimited text and multimedia messages internationally from the US on The MORE Everything Plan."

As noted above, iMessage is covered under data. SMS are not and are not free when in a different country. International texting applies when you are text FROM the US to an international number.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods