Forgotten Apple ID

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I know that when I see a subject like this, I immediately grow suspicious that the OP is a crook or not on the up and up. I can assure you, that this is not the case for this situation.

Background: my cousin, who is not AT ALL technologically inclined, had an iPhone about 5 or 6 years ago. Then she switched to a Samsung Android and then most recently, to a Pixel.

For a variety of reasons, she has decided to come back to an iPhone. She's full of confusion and questions, and I'm trying to help her figure all of this out.

I have two questions:

1. Since she cannot remember her Apple ID or security questions, and since it's been well over 5 years, is it ok for her to set up another Apple ID and security questions?
2. She is using the same phone number that she had when she had her last iPhone. Will that be an issue?

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I know that when I see a subject like this, I immediately grow suspicious that the OP is a crook or not on the up and up. I can assure you, that this is not the case for this situation.

Background: my cousin, who is not AT ALL technologically inclined, had an iPhone about 5 or 6 years ago. Then she switched to a Samsung Android and then most recently, to a Pixel.

For a variety of reasons, she has decided to come back to an iPhone. She's full of confusion and questions, and I'm trying to help her figure all of this out.

I have two questions:

1. Since she cannot remember her Apple ID or security questions, and since it's been well over 5 years, is it ok for her to set up another Apple ID and security questions?
2. She is using the same phone number that she had when she had her last iPhone. Will that be an issue?

Yes, all she would have to do is setup a completely new email address and a new password. She can use outlook, gmail or yahoo for example. The security questions will be asked again and she can choose and input the answers. Her phone number will not affect the new process and she will be good to go!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have two questions:

1. Yes
2. No

Oh, and tell your cousin to give the device back to whoever they stole it from.

Oh, sorry. That was just my automatic reply to the topic thread. :)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes, all she would have to do is setup a completely new email address and a new password. She can use outlook, gmail or yahoo for example. The security questions will be asked again and she can choose and input the answers. Her phone number will not affect the new process and she will be good to go!

Thank you!!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
She didn't have any music or movies that she bought on the other account? That would be the only downside to setting up a new account.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! My cousin was coming from a Google Pixel back to an iPhone. At the time I posted this, she hadn't had an iOS device for several years. Luckily, she has it all sorted out now, but that's definitely good information for others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyvu