Forgot my Notes password, need help unlocking the note

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So I upgraded to the new iPhone and forgot to remove my password lock from this note that I had locked in my previous phone. I tried to open the note with the password I placed at the time(6months ago), it's telling me it's wrong and my hint isn't helping at all. I've tried every password I can think of that I would use and nothing I working.

Is there a way to go about unlocking this note either by iTunes or a backup reset or am I SOL and should just forgot about what's inside the note? I've tried google searching some answers but nothing is showing me a backend way of doing this. Only stuff that is already in the settings to reset the password (if you know what the old one is).

Any help would be appreciated!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
You are out of luck. You will have to have the password that belonged to that Note to open it. Unfortunately there is no back way around it.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea that's what I figured. I'm surprised apple has it this way though. Oh well, lesson learned. Thanks for the reply!

oagalvezt

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
So I upgraded to the new iPhone and forgot to remove my password lock from this note that I had locked in my previous phone. I tried to open the note with the password I placed at the time(6months ago), it's telling me it's wrong and my hint isn't helping at all. I've tried every password I can think of that I would use and nothing I working.

Is there a way to go about unlocking this note either by iTunes or a backup reset or am I SOL and should just forgot about what's inside the note? I've tried google searching some answers but nothing is showing me a backend way of doing this. Only stuff that is already in the settings to reset the password (if you know what the old one is).

I've had the same issue. Solved accessing to the note through my iphone with "Touch ID" access. Copied the content to a new note with different password. Then, erased original note (Touch ID required again). Hope it helps.

stevo_ie

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
I've had the same issue. Solved accessing to the note through my iphone with "Touch ID" access. Copied the content to a new note with different password. Then, erased original note (Touch ID required again). Hope it helps.

I have the same problem, created a note on an old iphone without TouchID and now cant access the contents as forget the password.

How did you do this? Did you unlock the note, copy and create a new one, or am I missing something?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, created a note on an old iphone without TouchID and now cant access the contents as forget the password.

How did you do this? Did you unlock the note, copy and create a new one, or am I missing something?

Welcome to iMore! I believe he answered your questions in the post you quoted. He unlocked the note using Touch ID, then copied the contents to a new note so he didn’t have to worry about using a password any longer. Since you don’t have Touch ID I’m afraid you’re out of luck.

microwaveuwu

May 17, 2021
Visit site

I FOUND IT AHHH
okay so;
1. go to settings
2. type 'notes' into the search bar at the top
3. click the notes app
4. click 'password'
5. click 'reset password'
6. enter your apple ID password
7. reset the password :)
8. put a hint that's actually a hint and select 'use touch ID' [reccomended]

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I FOUND IT AHHH
okay so;
1. go to settings
3. click the notes app
4. click 'password'

Hello and welcome to More! Thanks for such a helpful answer. When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

IphoneUser805

Jun 1, 2021
Visit site
I FOUND IT AHHH
okay so;
1. go to settings
3. click the notes app
4. click 'password'

This is so useful!
It would help me a lot to know - What version of iOS are you using?
I have the latest version 14.6 and an iPhone 11 (so face ID, not touch ID) - and it doesn't work.
I'm tempted to get an older touch ID phone and restore to it. Those notes are nearly priceless to me 😬

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2