Forcing a carrier update

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My son-in-law has my wife's old iPhone 7. He (I) doesn't update his phone that often. Well I update the iOS this weekend because he can't get his phone to support a hotspot. Every time he and I would try to enable a hotspot we would receive an error telling us to go to the Verizon web site to activate the personal hotspot. There are 3 phones on the account and my wife's iPhone X and my daughter's iPhone 7 have no problems activating the hotspot.

I have not compared the revision level of the modem firmware so I'm just guessing that this is the problem. So is there a way to trigger a carrier/modem firmware update? The iPhone firmware is at the latest revision.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My son-in-law has my wife's old iPhone 7. He (I) doesn't update his phone that often. Well I update the iOS this weekend because he can't get his phone to support a hotspot. Every time he and I would try to enable a hotspot we would receive an error telling us to go to the Verizon web site to activate the personal hotspot. There are 3 phones on the account and my wife's iPhone X and my daughter's iPhone 7 have no problems activating the hotspot.

I have not compared the revision level of the modem firmware so I'm just guessing that this is the problem. So is there a way to trigger a carrier/modem firmware update? The iPhone firmware is at the latest revision.

If there is a carrier update, you will be prompted to update when you go to Settings > General > About.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR