For those that have had it a few days now, what is the best watch feature other than notifications?

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I am a current pebble user, and have had it for 2+ years now, and I have really enjoyed it. Its biggest strong point is notifications, but its limited it what it can do, responding or interacting to texts etc. I am waiting on my grey sport 42mm What has been the most used/liked feature of the watch other than receiving notifications? Siri? Taking a call? Responding to alerts and text? GPS?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Re: For those that have had it a few days now, what us the best watch feature other than notificatio

Being able to respond I'd say or accept a phone call.

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: For those that have had it a few days now, what us the best watch feature other than notificatio

So far I haven't heard or read very much good about the third party apps. Mostly that they are laggy and limited in use. The apps for Pebble have been decent but very limited, I mostly use run keeper, espn, and swarm on pebble and they do what they are designed to do. The apps are what are going to be the future and killer feature of the apple watch IMHO.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

For me, being able to leave my phone in the office and walk around my house without missing messages, calls, etc.

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

For me, being able to leave my phone in the office and walk around my house without missing messages, calls, etc.

But now we have no excuse to miss phone calls or texts. 😜

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

You're right. I guess I didn't think of it that way. :crying:

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

You're right. I guess I didn't think of it that way. :crying:

I sent a smiley to my mom and she asked me if I was having a bad day. I am practically blind (exaggerating) and didn't see the crying part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Apple Pay.... its right up there. No getting your wallet or phone out.

Its awesome!!!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Respond to messages. Coming from a Pebble and only being able to view the message, it's nice to be able to reply and act on the message now with the Apple Watch :)

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Apple Pay.... its right up there. No getting your wallet or phone out.

Its awesome!!!

I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but playing with it I don't see how it could be any easier. Think I may have to go shopping today. 😀

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but playing with it I don't see how it could be any easier. Think I may have to go shopping today. ��

I've tested it several times, with and without the phone on me. It works like magic.

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site

Yea, I use apple pay a lot on my phone, so I think I am looking forward to having that feature. Responding to a text or answering a call are also nice features to have. I am always misplacing my phone so being able to ping it from the watch will be cool as well.

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
In order of awesomeness:
1) Apple pay/passbook (Starbucks,AMC,AAA)
2) watch iMessage
3) not missing phone calls
4) Apple TV remote (I am always losing the small Apple TV remote)
5) iPhone Ping!
6) power point remote
7) Activity glances/alerts (say goodbye to sleepy body parts after sitting in a desk all day in front of a computer at work)
8) taptic map directions

Was that enough just after a couple of days' usage?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but playing with it I don't see how it could be any easier. Think I may have to go shopping today. ��

I used it at the grocery store and the cashier was really impressed with it. They asked if it was the Apple Watch and they said that it was so cool that I could pay with my watch! :)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

For me, the best feature is the activity/workout apps. I am really enjoying the reminders to stand, and I feel more motivated to fill the circles with workouts, then I ever did before, with other stuff like the UP, Nike+, or FitBit apps. Finishing the circles has already caused me to go on two runs I didn't otherwise want to do, but glad I did! Also trying to do a number of outdoor walks and runs, early on, to get the calibration done. I like how the data is pulled into the Health app on my iPhone, and I can see stats. I like that the watch is constantly gathering information about me and what I'm doing.

A close second would be using Apple Pay! I have an iPhone 5s, so yesterday at Walgreens was the first time I had to use it in public. The guy looked at me weird, and asked why I'm using a watch to pay. I really felt pretentious doing that - I wasn't trying to show off. It was a mini experiment for us both. I was happy to show and explain it to him. I know over time it will feel less douchy to do that in public - but being so new, it's wild to people.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

These are both great features of the Apple Watch. And I agree with you; the watch has motivated me to move more. A good thing.

As far as Apple Pay, let them look, it's WAY COOL! :cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox