For myself iOS Just Works

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
One of my good friends and a die hard Blackberry OS10 user finally had to give up his beloved Passport because of app support. He ended up buying a new Key2 which he loves the device, but he still misses the passport.

I'm toying with the idea of buying the Key2. It's the Android OS that is making me hesitate

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just spent the last couple of hours fixing my nephews, neighbors and sisters Android devices and showed them how to clear the cache and modify some settings, so they would not keep getting app crashes and having to restart their devices several times a day.

I was an early Android adapter and I have as many paid apps in my google app store as I do in my Apple app store. I remember rooting my Nexus one and putting the Cyanogen ROM on the device which gave it extra features and reduced my number of issues associated the standard ROM.

With IOS I have never had to clear my cache, install a custom ROM or do any major tweaks to streamline my device, because I haven't had any messages saying "the app has stopped responding" or having to restart my device a couple of times a day, because the OS just works.

Granted they don't have any custom ROM's for IOS and there are not as many niche features and tweaks as with Android, but I think this is exactly what attracts folks to Apple and IOS, the simplicity, knowing the OS is stable and the software and hardware support are second to none.

I am not trying to put Apple on a giant pedestal here, I am a old Blackberry person who goes way back to my first palm pilot and the early Blackberry devices. I have been fortunate enough to have been involved in seeing the advancements in technology since the earl days.

I have watched IOS evolve from having my first original aluminum model iPhone to my current iPhone X and iPhone 8 models. the one common thing Apple has done is to bring the OS into the mainstream with new features each year, but maintain the simplicity of the OS and I hope they never wonder off that path. Just my two cents worth.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I was in the same boat as you. Started with the Treo and upgraded to blackberry. Then moved to the Nexus 1 and developed a love hate relationship. But being a techy kinda guy I enjoyed tinkering with different roms. Fast forward to today... well I just don’t have time to root and tinker with phones. iOS just works for me and I don’t have to worry about crashes (for the most part anyway). I still tinker a little with my One Plus 6 but it will probably go up for sale as soon as I get my XS Max. I just use it for my business line and with the max having dual sim I can use one phone for both. Don’t get me wrong... Android has come a long way too and I do enjoy being able to customize it but in the the simplicity of iOS keeps me rooted. Plus all of my family uses iOS as well so it was just easier to stay just for the sake of calendar appointments and iMessage. Yeah I know we could use alternative apps which would all sync between the two systems but my wife isn’t the most technologically inclined. You have no idea how long it took me to have her give up the flip phone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
For myself IOS Just Works

Been through Audiovox Pocket PC which ran Windows to Palm Treo to BlackBerry to Android and landed on my iPhone 3GS. Have had an iPhone ever since, even when I still carried Blackberry up until I got a used Passport, which was the last BlackBerry I got.
I finally gave up on Android with the Note 4 but got an SGS7 for work website development testing. I didn’t use it, really. Not going back to Android.
I didn’t love iOS initially. I was using BlackBerry and it was the glory days, but when I got my iPhone 4 it clicked. I was hooked. By the time the 5s came out I completely walked away from BlackBerry as a device I used. We still used Good Enterprise which BlackBerry bought and it was a nightmare of a clunky software.
I gave up on Android after an update (Lollipop?) rendered my Note 4 unusable. Constant issues. So I put it in the junk drawer with the BlackBerries and that was it.

iPhones work for me. Both as personal devices and for work. Now that my agency has dropped Good and gone to Air Watch I’m completely rid of BlackBerry and I couldn’t be happier.

For me, iPhone and iOS are the best.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I came back to Apple a few days ago from the Galaxy Note 9. Thought I was settled in with Android but had several issues. It’s great to be back home, never leaving again. I had sold most of my apple stuff trying to move over to android permanently, luckily I still had my XS, and my 6th Gen iPad. Now, I have to buy my iMac back.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I came back to Apple a few days ago from the Galaxy Note 9. Thought I was settled in with Android but had several issues. It’s great to be back home, never leaving again. I had sold most of my apple stuff trying to move over to android permanently, luckily I still had my XS, and my 6th Gen iPad. Now, I have to buy my iMac back.

Welcome back and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance with your Apple products and service.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro