For anyone considering between iPhone X and Pixel 2

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I don't like this proliferation of communication apps. When I'm at work I've got people calling on the office phone, my cellphone, my work email, my personal email, chat at work via Google Hangouts (which can also be used on both iOS and Android), and texting. It can be a bit overwhelming all those things at once. Then there are some people that also use Facebook messenger to contact me. I never understood the need for that app, aren't there already enough ways to get a hold of people? end of rant

Eventually all that will be combined into one thing. Voice calls, video calls and messaging. There will be no need for a phone # or SMS. If you combined the functionality of WhatsApp, FB messenger, hangouts, Skype, iMessage and FaceTime you’d have everything covered. We could then just use data to communicate over. We could change devices daily if we chose to because our comms wouldn’t be tied to a phone # and SIM card.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
You forgot to add that the battery life on the 2 XL can last two days with moderate use. I was lucky to last a full day on a single charge with the iPhone X, frequently topping it off at the end of the work day.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
You forgot to add that the battery life on the 2 XL can last two days with moderate use. I was lucky to last a full day on a single charge with the iPhone X, frequently topping it off at the end of the work day.

2 days?!?!?! That is extremelyyyy hard to believe. I had the phone for 7 days never did it last me that long and I am not a heavy user. I go from the minute I wake up at 630-7am all the way to the time I go to bed with my X. I even have 20-40% left before I toss it on my wireless charging pad on my nightstand at bedtime. Wait, the pixel doesn’t have wireless charging yet. It took Apple long enough but for an android device to still not have it is quite a letdown.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your explanation. This is all what I already knew, which is nothing drastic I just wanted to see how people think it’s life changing! There are minor minor differences, not enough to say that a google pixel is needed for google integration.

In comparison, an iPhone is NEEDED for
iMessage, FaceTime, HomeKit, etc.

Well yeah iPhone is needed for those since they are Apple only. Google wants everyone to use their services -- they don't close out people that aren't using their OS :).

VivaTerlingua

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
2 days?!?!?! That is extremelyyyy hard to believe. I had the phone for 7 days never did it last me that long and I am not a heavy user. I go from the minute I wake up at 630-7am all the way to the time I go to bed with my X. I even have 20-40% left before I toss it on my wireless charging pad on my nightstand at bedtime. Wait, the pixel doesn’t have wireless charging yet. It took Apple long enough but for an android device to still not have it is quite a letdown.

I had a 2 XL for 2 weeks and have iPhone X now. Battery life seems pretty similar to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice