Food Delivery Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll never give GrubHub a penny of my money. They have been caught a number of times posting fake restaurant profiles of legitimate restaurants that trick consumers into ordering through their service instead of directly from the restaurant's own website. (Here's one article explaining it - but Google it for yourselves and you'll see a lot of complaints and stories.) Even though they've been caught doing shady crap like this a LOT, they keep doing it because they get a big percentage of the order value in revenue. It's a horribly dishonest business model and I'll never use them.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I’ve found UberEats, Door Dash, and GrubHub to all be equally hit or miss at times. We have another one called Caviar which is okay. Also, we have goPuff which is not exactly a food delivery service but more an anything you need service. Think, you wake up 2am and forgot to do the laundry and need detergent would love some pizza and maybe a beer or two. Well goPuff would be happy to deliver you laundry detergent, Doritos, beer, and pizza around the clock. Completely random stuff...but you never know what you’ll need or crave.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'll never give GrubHub a penny of my money. They have been caught a number of times posting fake restaurant profiles of legitimate restaurants that trick consumers into ordering through their service instead of directly from the restaurant's own website. (Here's one article explaining it - but Google it for yourselves and you'll see a lot of complaints and stories.) Even though they've been caught doing shady crap like this a LOT, they keep doing it because they get a big percentage of the order value in revenue. It's a horribly dishonest business model and I'll never use them.

That’s good to know! I’ve never used them, and won’t ever now!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve found UberEats, Door Dash, and GrubHub to all be equally hit or miss at times. We have another one called Caviar which is okay. Also, we have goPuff which is not exactly a food delivery service but more an anything you need service. Think, you wake up 2am and forgot to do the laundry and need detergent would love some pizza and maybe a beer or two. Well goPuff would be happy to deliver you laundry detergent, Doritos, beer, and pizza around the clock. Completely random stuff...but you never know what you’ll need or crave.

I used Caviar for the first time last week to order Thai food & it arrived within 15min.

I get up from my desk, stretch my legs and go get my lunch. The weather doesn’t matter.

I don’t have dood delivered often, but I love the fact that NYC has a ton of options. Depending on my meeting schedule, standing in a long line waiting to get lunch isn’t always a good option.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I used Caviar for the first time last week to order Thai food & it arrived within 15min.

I don’t have dood delivered often, but I love the fact that NYC has a ton of options. Depending on my meeting schedule, standing in a long line waiting to get lunch isn’t always a good option.

You definitely do have many more options than most!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.