Folio/Flip cover case for iPhone 5

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Anyone use this type of case for their iPhone? If so, what are your experiences? Good or bad. Thanks guys!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just got the SGP ultra flip for my ip5. I am not a case guy, but am enjoying this case. I like it mostly because I can put the phone in my pocket and I know the screen is protected. I also like that it is pretty thin so I don't lose the form factor of the phone to much.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use the BookBook. So far I wouldn't trade it for anything, and it's been 3 months. I've removed my phone to test several other cases, but it always goes back in the BookBook.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The only negative I see to my flip case is taking a lot of pictures. I swapped back to my SGP ultra thin for today because we are going to a concert tonight. I will go back to the ultra flip tomorrow though.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I recently ordered the RevJams flip case for my 5 but I'm wondering what the experience is like trying to use the phone with one hand? Opening it, closing it etc. Would I be prone to drops because of the design?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use the BookBook. So far I wouldn't trade it for anything, and it's been 3 months. I've removed my phone to test several other cases, but it always goes back in the BookBook.

+1
I also have a BookBook for my 4S & I absolutely love it for when I use it. I go back and forth now between my DomeSkin and that. On a very rare occasion I'll put an actual case on my phone (my Kate Spade)

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

rajeshjain

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have used this for my phone. Many times my phone in my pocket so I take care for protecting it from avoiding scratches. My experience is Good about this cover.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I just got the Elago leather flip case on Amazon for 20 bucks and its been my favorite case so far. Not to difficult to use with one hand as long as its the right hand (bc of how it flips open). Thanks guys for the responses and input!

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I honestly dont want a flip cover case for iphone. it's a bit hastle. Maybe for an ipad or ipad mini since they need a good screen protection. hehe. IMO

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I honestly dont want a flip cover case for iphone. it's a bit hastle. Maybe for an ipad or ipad mini since they need a good screen protection. hehe. IMO

I can certainly understand that. But It has been great not having to carry both a wallet and my phone. It hasn't been a hassle really for me at all. And it looks kinda cool when I'm reading a book or messages on my phone because it looks like I'm actually reading a book. I don't really have any complaints so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you use a screen protector with your bookbook case?

Ive always had a screen protector on my 4S, but even if I wasn't the type to use one, I would definately apply one when using the BookBook to avoid any cards rubbing on the screen and possibly leaving teeny tiny scuff marks. That would drive me insane.

Also, just to add, 3wks ago I purchased a white SurfacePad for my 4S. It's a folio "case" without any wallet options. It sticks to the back of the phone, and I've found it to be very durable and not invasive. I got sick of having my phone in a case all the time, but I don't want to leave it completely naked-this fits the bill nicely, and who wouldn't like to have their phone wrapped in leather :)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Ive always had a screen protector on my 4S, but even if I wasn't the type to use one, I would definately apply one when using the BookBook to avoid any cards rubbing on the screen and possibly leaving teeny tiny scuff marks. That would drive me insane.

Also, just to add, 3wks ago I purchased a white SurfacePad for my 4S. It's a folio "case" without any wallet options. It sticks to the back of the phone, and I've found it to be very durable and not invasive. I got sick of having my phone in a case all the time, but I don't want to leave it completely naked-this fits the bill nicely, and who wouldn't like to have their phone wrapped in leather :)

How protective is it?

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
How protective is it?

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!

Well...honestly it's not very protective at all if you drop your device. However, it will protect the device from putting it down on any surface or items in your pocket(if you pocket your device). Its basically a BookBook, but much, much thinner and no slots for DL/cc/debit cards. I still use a screen prot along with it and have a skin that goes on the metal band around the phone just to protect it a bit more. Its very minimal on protection, and if you want to use your device as close to being naked as possible, this fits nicely. I've had my 4S for 22mths now, and i've gone case-less on rare occassions, but could never do that all the time. I purchased the SurfacePad back in August and have not taken it off since then. i really like it alot! There also were some negative reviews on it about the front leather pulling apart to expose the inner plastic that helps hold the shape of it covering the front of the phone after a few weeks of use, but TwelveSouth must've improved the glueing on this around the sealed edge(s) because my phone goes in and out of my wristlet pocket quite often through out the day, and I have no issues or any sign of that happening.

So, IF you are considering something that looks nice but doesn't offer too much as far as protection, and your comfortable with that, then I would highly recommend the SurfacePad.

Here is the link to TwelveSouth for it, and theres a video you can watch of it "in action" also:)
TwelveSouth iPhone Surface Pad

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner