Flight evacuated after teenager AirDrops photo of airsoft gun to passengers

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Stuff like this ticks me off. Not allowing the kid and I assume those with him back on the flight was not enough punishment in my opinion. This culprit is a teenager and thus knew what he or she was doing.

If that was "my" kid, he wouldn't have done that, but if by chance he did, I can assure you he would NEVER even consider doing anything like that again after I was done with him. This type of prank should have consequences, in my opinion.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Stuff like this ticks me off. Not allowing the kid and I assume those with him back on the flight was not enough punishment in my opinion. This culprit is a teenager and thus knew what he or she was doing.

If that was "my" kid, he wouldn't have done that, but if by chance he did, I can assure you he would NEVER even consider doing anything like that again after I was done with him. This type of prank should have consequences, in my opinion.

I couldn’t agree with you more. This was very stupid and dangerous, and I know scary for the passengers.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There definitely should have been more punishment. Maybe we don't know the whole story. There should be more warning about having AirDrop set to "Everyone"! And how to change it to "Contacts". "Contacts" should definitely be the default. Maybe Apple should remove the "Everyone" option. Why does anyone need that anyway?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There definitely should have been more punishment. Maybe we don't know the whole story. There should be more warning about having AirDrop set to "Everyone"! And how to change it to "Contacts". "Contacts" should definitely be the default. Maybe Apple should remove the "Everyone" option. Why does anyone need that anyway?

This is not an Apple problem. This is a kid who knowingly and deliberately sent a image of a weapon to complete strangers on a plane. He got the reaction he assumably expected. Otherwise, he wouldn't have done it.

If no harsh punishment is administered then this kid or another will take it a step further at some point and why wouldn't they, if they know there aren't any repercussions?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
NOT an Apple problem, in all honesty it is a societal problem, kids are brought up to believe there are little or no consequences to their acts.And they are right, why do you think the kids hold gang weapons, go free from court after stealing etc ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is not an Apple problem. This is a kid who knowingly and deliberately sent a image of a weapon to complete strangers on a plane. He got the reaction he assumably expected. Otherwise, he wouldn't have done it.

If no harsh punishment is administered then this kid or another will take it a step further at some point and why wouldn't they, if they know there aren't any repercussions?

There was a rash of these kinds of incidents a couple years ago. They were not all kids. But I get your point. But users still need to be made better aware of what can happen if it's not set to Contacts. Most people don't have a clue. Most don't even know how to change the setting.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
NOT an Apple problem, in all honesty it is a societal problem, kids are brought up to believe there are little or no consequences to their acts.And they are right, why do you think the kids hold gang weapons, go free from court after stealing etc ?

But it's not just kids who do this kind of thing. However, still could be a societal problem. But knowing that does not solve anything. It will continue to happen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77