flash support

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Mossberg just confirmed the rumor that in the "next couple of months" flash support is coming. This opens up the possibility of much better webapps (i still want a real sdk). Would be even better if the flash applets could be stored locally, rather than having to navigate and re-download over edge whenever you want to run a scientific calculator, though.

Link: http://mailbox.allthingsd.com/20070705/questions-about-apples-iphone/

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You cant disable picture loading. Why would you want to allow flash to be disabled? You don't want to confuse the user with choice, do you?

Surur

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
yes. he's saying "now you can't tell it not to load images so in the future you won't be able to tell it not to load flash."

And my point is that if they're adding major features like flash, they just might add a minor feature like "don't load flash." It's all speculative.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
You don't want to confuse the user with choice, do you?

Surur

Wow, so now all of us who use iPhones (or are going to soon) are just mindless drones because we are opposed to your viewpoint. Really nice - even for you.

Based on what I've been reading here and on other forums, the iPhone is, for the most part, making it's owners pretty happy. I know that is deeply troubling to you, but it seems to be the trend...

Go wait for your Omni and let us enjoy the iPhone.

:thumbsdn:

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
You don't want to confuse the user with choice, do you?

I did not make up this phrase. It may even have been oalvarez. Dont blame me for Apple's design philosophy.

Surur

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
I did not make up this phrase. It may even have been oalvarez. Dont blame me for Apple's design philosophy.

Surur
Is it your goal to constantly paint Apple and their device negatively? Apple's devices are elegant and simple to operate. That's the philosophy behind the iPod and that is why consumers buy them up. Now i'm sure some have convinced themselves that people only buy iPods/iPhones because they're "cool" or some such nonsense, but the fact is it's because they're the best products on the market with their feature set. People like the interfaces that Apple makes, they like the added benefit of having devices that are approachable, they like having a nearly flat learning curve.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
AnteL0pe - you are arguing with a guy who probably thinks windows mobile is the pinnacle of elegant user interface design.

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site

Surur

Oh surur, you're right - I apologize. It's very uncharacteristic of you to make snide remarks about iPhones and their users. My mistake.

Still, :thumbsdn:

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Some dude on howardforums says that iphone already displays the first frame of flash animations. anyone confirm that?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR