fixing the ads that hijack the phone

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
lots of websites nowadays put ads up that hijacked my safari on my iphone causing it to close and launch the app store to some stupid game. its infuriating. sometimes I can't even get to the article anymore.

is there any rumors or info on apple maybe doing something about this in iOS9? maybe blocking this from happening?

I understand ads pay the website owner's bills but these kinds of ads make me both hate the product being sold and the web pages that resort to this kind of advertising.

I'd like to think there's lots of folks like me out there to make this a relevant issue to be considered.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Apple will allow extensions in Safari starting iOS 9 . It is up to third party developers on the timelines when it will be available to the general public.

{HINT HINT: AdBlock Plus developer should start working on this asap}

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The worst are the ads that take up the entire page, but give the tiniest "x" in the corner to close. You have to tap just right.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The worst are the ads that take up the entire page, but give the tiniest "x" in the corner to close. You have to tap just right.
No, the worst are the loud full page ads that count down. You have to wait until the count down is complete before tapping to dismiss.

Pirate Arr

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
My God yes I dislike that so much. It's infuriating and distasteful and they say support websites etc. I'm not supported a disgusting websites that show up pop up to stupid games like the Kate Upton tits sponsored Game of War or whatever that crappy application is called. Hopefully adblock extensions come in iOS 9 ❤

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shortringtones