First time Pre-ordering! Help!!

Raneciansamaiya

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just want to thank everyone for there response!!

Couldn't find my answers in the threads so I decided to make another thread. I'm needing some tips or advice about pre-ordering. I needing to pre-order a iPhone 12 Pro Max and a iPhone 12 mini Friday 11/06. I would like to do so through our carrier Verizon to keep the possible issues I've seen on the internet with ordering directly from Apple at times. Pre-order issues like, sellouts, time-out for payment, Apple site crashing, just issues. So for that reason I usual avoid pre-orders, wait a month then order my phone. This year i need to get these phones as gifts for Christmas, so I HAVE to get these phones. I'm looking to order from Verizon on Friday 11/06 at 5am PST which is 8am EST for me. Has anyone ordered from there carrier and had more success then ordering directly Apple??

Thanks guys I look forward to the responses from everyone!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Pre-orders are generally problem free, but on occasion, people run into issues, but that’s typically the case with carriers, too. Having said that, I recommend you install the Apple Store app and use it to pre-order your iPhone 12 models. It’s a quick and straightforward process, in my opinion.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I used the Apple Store app to pre order two iPhone 12 Pro models. Also since I was using the Apple Card I was able to set everything up the night before and place both in my cart and just hit the checkout button as soon as pre orders went live.

Raneciansamaiya

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you guys for your response... Just another question if anyone has knowledge of how this works. I have the annual upgrade with Verizon to upgrade my iPhone every year as long as I get to the half way mark with my monthly payments. Do anyone know if Apple will be able to see any honor this if I order through Apple instead of Verizon?

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Thank you guys for your response... Just another question if anyone has knowledge of how this works. I have the annual upgrade with Verizon to upgrade my iPhone every year as long as I get to the half way mark with my monthly payments. Do anyone know if Apple will be able to see any honor this if I order through Apple instead of Verizon?

I believe so but you could contact Apple support to double check and see if there is any specific information you’d need when ordering.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Apple goes by what you’re carrier sends to them. So make sure you are in fact eligible for an upgrade on you’re Verizon account. If so...Friday via Apple app pre ordering should be a breeze. You want you’re phone on time? Pre order via Apple as carriers dates always slip faster and longer. If you live near an Apple store you can even do pick up at Apple store. That’s what I do.

Raneciansamaiya

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely due for my annual upgrade... I just have to return my device to Verizon to be able to upgrade. Unfortunately I don't live near an Apple store! I wish! I do want to receive my phone on time, but I'm not in a huge rush. I'm willing to wait, but not forever! Just wondering how Apple will handle that I have to turn my phone back in to Verizon? That's the only way I can annually upgrade with the Verizon Annual iPhone Upgrade program.

Has anyone ever had this experience?