First Time Buying With Such a Long Wait

anon(10345530)

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
So being on the East Coast and getting in a few minutes late my iPhone X Silver 256GB was showing 5-6 week Delivery and dates between December 11-18th. I’ve always ordered and received first day delivery like with the 8+ I’m using now.

So the question is do I order and hope the times move quicker? Is it normal for the process to speed up even slightly?

Or to I take a chance I’m able to snag one at an Apple Store, AT&T, BestBuy, etc. I pay full retail so it’s not the money but more an annoyance to be charged tonight for a phone coming in December if I can walk in mid November and buy one? Just thinking of all shortage talks then there maybe bulk coming in next few weeks? Wishful thinking I know.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So being on the East Coast and getting in a few minutes late my iPhone X Silver 256GB was showing 5-6 week Delivery and dates between December 11-18th. I’ve always ordered and received first day delivery like with the 8+ I’m using now.

So the question is do I order and hope the times move quicker? Is it normal for the process to speed up even slightly?

Or to I take a chance I’m able to snag one at an Apple Store, AT&T, BestBuy, etc. I pay full retail so it’s not the money but more an annoyance to be charged tonight for a phone coming in December if I can walk in mid November and buy one? Just thinking of all shortage talks then there maybe bulk coming in next few weeks? Wishful thinking I know.

You won’t be charged for the phone until it ships. They maybe authorized your card but  definitely does not charge until they ship. If your paying outright you have nothing to lose by keeping your current order and possibly being able to score 1 on walk on.

Also keep in my  usually updates the store inventory daily and in the morning you can go online and reserve a phone for same day pick up until supplies run out.

I find that  under promises and over delivers so I would be surprised if people had to wait the full 6 weeks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You won’t be charged for the phone until it ships. They maybe authorized your card but  definitely does not charge until they ship. If your paying outright you have nothing to lose by keeping your current order and possibly being able to score 1 on walk on.

Also keep in my  usually updates the store inventory daily and in the morning you can go online and reserve a phone for same day pick up until supplies run out.

I find that  under promises and over delivers so I would be surprised if people had to wait the full 6 weeks.

Outstanding response........Thank you!

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It wouldn’t hurt to check with your carrier as well. Otherwise if you are willing to try to snag one on launch day feel free to go for it. With a shipping date so far out it doesn’t hurt. You can always cancel the order if you do get one on launch day

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
2 years ago I didn’t make it to pre-order and I can’t wait for 4-5 weeks of shipping and my friend told me that Apple store is getting a stock of phone each day maybe only 5 or 10. This is also mentioned on the above posting by sunnysideup22125. The secret is you have to check your Apple store app exactly at 8AM and keep refreshing it for 5 mins. Eventually, one of the store near you will eventually lit up with “Available in store”. I did that for 3 days and I was able to reserved and got my phone same day.

Last edited:

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
2 years ago I didn’t make it to pre-order and I can’t wait for 4-5 weeks of shipping and my friend told me that Apple store is getting a stock of phone each day maybe only 5 or 10. This is also mentioned on the above posting by sunnysideup22125. The secret is you have to check your Apple store app exactly at 8AM and keep refreshing it for 5 mins. Eventually, one of the store near you will eventually lit up with “Available in store”. I did that for 3 days and I was able to reserved and got my phone same day.

Doing the 8 am check is the way to go if you missed the preorder. I’ll never wait in the line again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73