First Time Back in 2 Years

nucks26

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Well I traded my Galaxy S9+ with somebody for an iPhone X! This is my first time using iOS as my day to day device in over two years. Firstly, I absolutely love iMessage. I’m not a huge user of FaceTime, Duo did the job for me if I was vacationing and I wanted to video chat loved ones. However, iMessage is obviously next level. Secondly, I love the form factor of this slightly smaller device. I briefly had the 8 plus but I felt that the old iPhone design is dated. The notch doesn’t bother me too much on this device but I would ultimately like to see it eliminated. Lastly, Face ID. Face ID doesn’t seem to have the same success rate with me as others have reported. It does work extremely well for a first gen implementation, but ultimately I would have still preferred a fingerprint sensor perhaps on the rear of this device.

Overall, so far I’m enjoying the iPhone. I think I will definitely miss android’s customization, but until RCS is fully implemented, I think I’m going to stick to iOS.

**Side note: I was using the BlackBerry KEY2 which is an absolutely stunning device. It is in a league of its own for productivity. Still sitting in my bedroom.**

nucks26

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
What do you miss about your S9+?

I definitely miss a finger print sensor, but that’s not really specific to the S9+. I think I’ll definitely miss expandable storage and a headphone jack. When I used my Pixel 2XL it was nice to at least know that photos could always be backed up for free and I wouldn’t have to worry about storage space there. It’ll be interesting to see how my 64GB of storage holds up on this iPhone.

Furthermore, the display on the Galaxy devices are second to none. I understand that this iPhone X display is also a Samsung display, but Samsung phones just seem to have that pop that no other phone replicates.

So far I’m just really enjoying iMessage and being back in my friends’ group chats lol.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Glad you like your new X. Google Photos works well for back up and storage for free. 64 gb can work if you don't have tons of photos and videos on your camera roll. Also tons of music downloaded to offline. If you have messages set to "forever", you might want to keep photos and videos deleted from your messages.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I definitely miss a finger print sensor, but that’s not really specific to the S9+. I think I’ll definitely miss expandable storage and a headphone jack. When I used my Pixel 2XL it was nice to at least know that photos could always be backed up for free and I wouldn’t have to worry about storage space there. It’ll be interesting to see how my 64GB of storage holds up on this iPhone.

Furthermore, the display on the Galaxy devices are second to none. I understand that this iPhone X display is also a Samsung display, but Samsung phones just seem to have that pop that no other phone replicates.

So far I’m just really enjoying iMessage and being back in my friends’ group chats lol.

iMessage is proof that Jobs was a maniacal genius!!! I made fun of it when it was introduced, now I think it’s his best idea.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox