First thoughts on your new iPhone 13

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely love my 13PM in every way even thou I always found blue devices to be cheap looking but my iPhone 13 Pro Max Sierra blue is very Premium looking and the cameras are Pro specs

Right now I’m looking at a Totallee ultra Thin case so I can be as naked as possible

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I wish they'd make the equivalent of Samsung's Phantom Black! Imagine the back glass being JET BLACK with the etched matte finish. I'd take glossy like the Jet Black 7 too. Also completely black edge coated like the Apple Watch! That would be sick. While we're at it why not make the back pure ceramic (like the Samsung ceramic S10+) AND use sapphire for the front screen! No more screen protectors and micro scratches would be a thing of the past.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
That's because Samsung has better hardware.

giphy.gif

Will In SF

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
I am very happy with my new 256gig 13 Pro in Sierra Blue. It arrived earlier than the shipping dates listed. I can definitely feel the increase in weight, but I think the stainless edges feel a bit more rounded than and not as sharp as those in the 12 Pro. Battery life is a lot better and the screen with the refresh rate improvements is amazing. Can't wait to put the camera through its paces. I just love the matte blue finish. It looks really luxe and classy!

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I’m not fond of the size (13 Pro), but I’m still enjoying it. Battery life has been great & I love the camera quality.

You went from a X to a 13 Pro (not Max), I have a X and was considering the same move. The sizes are almost identical, what is it you don't like about the size of the 13P? Do you wish you went bigger or smaller?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You went from a X to a 13 Pro (not Max), I have a X and was considering the same move. The sizes are almost identical, what is it you don't like about the size of the 13P? Do you wish you went bigger or smaller?

They are almost identical, but that little bit of height on the 13 Pro throws off my setup in a couple of my fave handbags…first world problems It’s not a huge issue, but I’ve had to remove and/or replace some items I carry due to my bag being cramped. This is only an issue in the few small bags I own.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

To answer this question myself, as I also went from a X to a 13 Pro, the only things that I prefer about the X are the rounded sides and the weight, though each are just small preferences. This may be because I use a case on both phones, but the 13 Pro and its straight sides makes the phone feel even thicker than it actually is and just a bit more awkward to hold. Otherwise it feels like the same size to me. And the 13 Pro is noticeably heavier, but I still think its not too heavy. I do have to say that I seem to type more accurately on the 13 Pro, and maybe it's because it is just slightly wider? You wouldn't think that 0.02 inches would be all that much different....

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
They are almost identical, but that little bit of height on the 13 Pro throws off my setup in a couple of my fave handbags…first world problems It’s not a huge issue, but I’ve had to remove and/or replace some items I carry due to my bag being cramped. This is only an issue in the few small bags I own.

Ok fair enough, that’s something my wife would also suffer from as well since she’s got pockets where her phones fits perfectly. Appreciate the feedback

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
To answer this question myself, as I also went from a X to a 13 Pro, the only things that I prefer about the X are the rounded sides and the weight, though each are just small preferences. This may be because I use a case on both phones, but the 13 Pro and its straight sides makes the phone feel even thicker than it actually is and just a bit more awkward to hold. Otherwise it feels like the same size to me. And the 13 Pro is noticeably heavier, but I still think its not too heavy. I do have to say that I seem to type more accurately on the 13 Pro, and maybe it's because it is just slightly wider? You wouldn't think that 0.02 inches would be all that much different....

Funny enough, I never used to have as many issues typing on my iPhone 7+ but on the X I have issues all the time with typing…it’s actually the main reason I’m caught between the Pro vs Pro max. I really just want a bigger screen for the extra letter real estate…but I did notice when searching dimensions newer phones are slightly wider which is a bonus (hard to notice in person when I had them side by side)…appreciate the insight and feedback

dallaslaventurasucks

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I wish they'd make the equivalent of Samsung's Phantom Black! Imagine the back glass being JET BLACK with the etched matte finish. I'd take glossy like the Jet Black 7 too. Also completely black edge coated like the Apple Watch! That would be sick. While we're at it why not make the back pure ceramic (like the Samsung ceramic S10+) AND use sapphire for the front screen! No more screen protectors and micro scratches would be a thing of the past.

I don't care about colors as I am a case junkie

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok fair enough, that’s something my wife would also suffer from as well since she’s got pockets where her phones fits perfectly. Appreciate the feedback

You’re welcome! Every little millimeter counts when it pertains to women’s pockets & handbags

chicagocubvpn

Nov 7, 2021
Visit site

The ProMotion and Cameras, plus the crazy huge battery

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Going on a Month since I got my 13 Pro Max I finally
Got use to the design and now prefer it to my hand me down 11 Pro Max and not an issue at all

But But !!

My initial thoughts on the 120Hz display was disappointing not that it didn’t work as usual but doing a side by side with the 11 and 13 it was minimal.

Back in my 5s days I purchased a lot of high end games that I haven’t played in years. BADLAND being one of them that I got stuck on and gave up close to the end of the journey

OMG!!!

I just played it on my 13 Pro Max and the fast refresh rate is so prevalent and on the second try I beat the level. First time playing any games on it

Apple does it again

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

This is what has me downsizing phone size. lol and only a woman will understand. But I love the larger screen. I can easily adapt. Actually excited to have a smaller phone. And ve able to use my smaller bags easily
Wish car companies would make smaller key functions

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This is what has me downsizing phone size. lol and only a woman will understand. But I love the larger screen. I can easily adapt. Actually excited to have a smaller phone. And ve able to use my smaller bags easily
Wish car companies would make smaller key functions

I’m thinking about getting a Mini to replace the 11Pro I use for my second line. My daughter has it & it’s wonderful!!

At some point, the average auto companies will follow the luxury ones & use a key card that slips in your wallet but I’m sure that’s years down the line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh