First the 3G now this...

ELS718

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Back wen I got my 3G iPhone stolen out my car I asked around is there a way to "brick" the phone by reporting it stolen everybody told me what they "taught". No one really knew for sure. Well eventually 6months later I buy the 3GS, but late yesterday while @ the gym, someone managed to steal it from a locker. Nooow the SOB has been using my phone b/c I can see it in account activity, soo I suspended the line, but can he (or she) use the phone w/ a different sim even if I report it to att? Basically can they use my phone if they popped in their sim wit a iphone plan and have everything run normal?..most likely they'll sell it but I'm hoping they can't and att caaan do something anything . Thanku

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
The theif will be able to use the phone. If you had it pass code protected that might give you enough time to get on mobile me and remotely wipe the iPhone.

On a side note. You have had two phones stolen? You must live in a bad part of town! That really sucks! Sorry for your loss

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Note this:
If you remote wipe, you will loose the tracking ability. Track it first then wipe it. Remote wipe removes the mobileme conduit that allows tracking.

ELS718

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
you can not brick the phone unless you have it physically in your possession.

AT&t can do less than you can.

So basically what you're telling he can just pops his sim in and go, that fckn sucks...so what's all this imei # stuff I've been hearing about...someone in another forum told me att can "blacklist" the phone..is this true???

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
So basically what you're telling he can just pops his sim in and go, that fckn sucks...so what's all this imei # stuff I've been hearing about...someone in another forum told me att can "blacklist" the phone..is this true???

They can but not sure if they're willing to do so. Even if they do, Tmobile will not...essentially they can simply walk to any other gsm network and use it. I'm sorry about your phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW